↺ [7]

━━━━━━━━━━ ↺ [7]

━━━━━━━━━━ ↺ [7]

"Just like our eyes, our hearts have
a way of adjusting to the dark."

. . . . . . .

[ JIRO ]

ONCE WE got in front of the restroom, Soren and Silas went inside while Jensen, Johan, and I waited for them outside.

"Where do you think Hideo and Nyle are? Wala naman sigurong nangyayaring masama sa kanila, 'no?" Jensen asked, leaning on the wall with his hands inside the pockets of his pants. Worry was visible in his expression.

I just shrugged. On the other hand, tulala lang si Johan sa tabi ko while staring at the glass window near us.

"Lagi niyong papakinggan ang alarm," he said out of a sudden. "The first alarm signifies the start of a cycle. Kapag binubuksan natin 'yong pinto sa kwartong tinutuluyan natin, saka lang natigil ang alarm."

"How about the other alarm? The one that comes with the violet lights?" I asked when I suddenly remembered how the alarm goes off along with violet lights illuminating the whole place. The first alarm that he's talking about had red lights. What does the violet lights mean then?

Johan crossed his arms. "Kapag naman gano'n, ibig sabihin, may namatay sa 'tin. Laging tutunog ang alarm na may kasamang violet na ilaw kapag may namamatay. Kaya sa ngayon, ia-assume natin na ligtas sila Hideo."

I nodded in agreement, so did Jensen. Still, I couldn't shake off that weird feeling in me. I trust Johan with my life, but I don't think I can trust this place. Sure, it looks like our university that we go to every day, but something is different. Everything feels like hell.

"We need to find them if we want to kill that monster. It's better na magkakasama tayo," I said with a bit of guilt still lingering inside me. I shouldn't have confronted Hideo like that. Nadala lang ako ng panic because of our situation, especially with the possibility that all of this has something to do with Eurydice.

Johan sighed. "Please lang, kapag nagsama-sama na ulit tayo, 'wag na 'wag na ulit kayong mag-aaway. Don't let that girl destroy us even after death."

All I could do was lower my head and stare at the floor. From my periphery, I saw Jensen staring at Johan.

Out of a sudden, nagulat ako when Jensen suddenly grabbed Johan by the wrist. Napa-angat ako ng tingin sa kanila and what welcomed me was the way Johan's forehead creased at his action.

"Can we talk?" Jensen asked with a serious expression — No, it was more like a pleading one.

I looked at Johan and saw the hesitation in his eyes. But the longer their eyes stared at each other, I saw him finally give in — the way he always does for him.

"Sa cafeteria tayo." Johan turned to me. "Jiro, dito ka lang. Antayin mo sila Silas."

Before I could even react, umalis na sila. Johan was the one who pulled Jensen. I could only bite my lip as I watched them walk away.