(very short) Prologue

Akari was an orphan whose parents died when she was around 6 years old. Going back and forth from foster home to foster home for 2 years. She was being chewed up and spit out like bubble gum on a consistent basis. When she turned 8, a rich, traditional looking couple came into the orphanage looking for a child to take in and adopt. They were not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts however, they were doing this for one reason and one reason alone. To have someone inherit their business worth damn near billions of dollars, so that the child may run the business when the couple grows old and tired. That way they could exploit the child for financial and personal gain without having to lift a finger. They looked at the options they had, a variety of children, but only one caught their eye. It was Akari, who had been crying in the corner of the room for an hour. Her bangs covering her slightly pointy ears as she sobbed. They took pity on her and decided that they would adopt her. The couple signed the papers and then it got to the name. They had the option to give Akari their last name. If it were to go through Akari Yuki would be changed to Akari Mani. However, they did not care for Akari. She was simply a piece to a bigger puzzle to them. They kept her name as it was. Once Akari realized she was getting adopted she became ecstatic. She was going to have a permanent home. They took her home and Akari was happy. However, that happiness would soon wither.