A New Face

3 months and a couple of weeks have gone by. Akari just started making a name for herself. Or, should i say, "ZerO", started making a name for herself. Zer0 was outside, ready to make her kill count go from 20 to 21. So much for not going overboard. She found 2 men she saw on the news, both wanted for assaulting innocent women. Zer0 immediately started beating the absolute shit out of the men. However, unfortunately for her, one man suddenly pulled out a small pocketknife. And with a single swing of his knife, Zer0 was caught off guard. The knife cut off a piece of her suit on her shoulder, and a good amount of her skin. While Zer0 was still looking confused, he swung again. He managed to slice some of Zer0's stomach. Zer0 winced in pain. People with fighting experience sure were a pain. You'd think creeps on the street would be weaker! She kept holding the urge to scream, not wanting to show weakness. Despite that however, she kept fighting. Punch after punch, it was clear that even with an open wound, Zer0 was winning. Once the men collapsed, she finished them each off with a stab to the heart. After cleaning up, Zer0 sat on the ground to catch her breath. She noticed her large flesh wounds and thought that they weren't that bad. If she had some extra time, she could just stop the bleeding and bandage them at home. Suddenly, she heard someone coming. She closed her eyes and played dead. She then felt someone touch her neck and heard a voice.

"Ah, still alive. I'm already here so I might as well try to stop her from dying."

Zer0 felt the person scoop her up as sirens blared in the distance. As she felt they were moving, she peaked at who was attempting to "save" her. It was a girl. The girl had short brown fluffy looking hair with a mint green streak in the middle, green and blue eyes, and round glasses. The girl looked serious and determined. Her gaze was as sharp as broken glass. Zer0 was now blushing. She closed her eyes again and felt herself being sat down somewhere. It felt like a bench. She then felt the girl rip off some bits of her clothes. She immediately got curious as the girl was wrapping something on a wound. She peaked a bit and realized the girl was too focused on her leg wound to look at her face. She opened her eyes completely and watched the girl tend to her wound in awe. No one has ever gone out of the way to help her in any way throughout her life. Even after she started killing for the sake of getting rid of evil. Maybe it was because she was still new to the whole serial killer scene and hadn't built up an audience yet. The girl finished bandaging up the leg wound. The girl let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew, Finally done with that one. Now the-.."

The girl had looked up and saw Zer0 just looking at her. She dropped the bandage in shock.

"What the fuck..? No, this is impossible.... It's only been a couple of minutes since I started taking care of you. The rest of the time you were just bleeding out..!! There's no way a normal human could stay awake for long with that much blood loss!!"

Zer0 just smiled.

"Well, I'm not a normal human! I'm very resistant to most things that would kill humans! I trained my body to behave that way!"

The girl was extremely confused. In what situation would you need to train your body to basically evade death? And she asked just that.

"Well, you do know what I do, correct?"

"Ah, fuck, wait, if you was next to another dead body and you turned out alive...then..did you kill that guy?"

Zer0's smile turned from sweet and sincere to unhinged and psychotic once the girl made her realization. Zer0 just started talking as if nothing was wrong.

"Wow! You put the pieces together! Good job! You don't seem that much shaken up about it though. How fun! I like you already!"

The girl had blushed a bit.

"Well, don't let me waking up stop you! Mind finishing what you started?"

The girl slowly nodded, a bit cautious and fearful of what's to come. She continued to bandage up her wounds regardless. Once she was finished she stood up and was about to walk away. Zer0 grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her back a bit. The girl looked confused.

"W-wait! I've never had someone help me before! I wanna repay your favor!"

"Nah, no thanks, I don't wanna get involved in tha-!!"

Zer0 had pulled the girl's hand up and linked their pinkies together as tight as she could. Akari smiled.

"Huh? W-what the hell are you doing?"

"Now it's a pinky promise! You can't break a pinky promise! Now I have to repay you! You can't escape a pinky promise!"

The girl was shocked by how tight her grip was. Zer0 let go of her hand. Now the girl was owed something by a random killer on the street. Wonderful. God, she hates this part of the inner city. Always some crazy shit going down. As the girl was walking away Zer0 had one more question for the girl.

"Wait! What's your name?"

"My last name is Sora. Use that name as you see fit."

"Alright! Bye-bye Ms. Sora! I'll see you soon!!"

Zer0 waved goodbye to Sora. She hadn't interacted with normal people in a long time. She was glad to meet Sora. She went home, happily humming to herself. She made a new friend today! When Sora had gotten home, she turned on the TV and the TV was on the news channel. It was clear her mother was here before her. The news said something about a serial killer, a serial killer named 'ZerØ' who had just killed her 21st victim.  So, the person in strange formal attire and a gas mask was actually an infamous serial killer. Not just some regular criminal. who had killed numerous people. Great. Now she's going to have to live with this for the rest of her life. She should have just called 911 or something.