Full Send

NOW PLAYING: AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION BY BLAKE ROBBINSONS SYNTHETIC ORCHESTRA

Haruka walked over to her closet and opened the door. An array of several perfectly arranged photos were hung up by clothes pins on a string. It was lit up by a red light. The photos were pictures of all of ZerØ recent kills, the corpses completely visible in each photo. Haruka sighed as she looked at each photo. She softly strokes them with her fingers, admiring the sight. She found herself salivating at the memories of watching each of those photos be made, envisioning the blood still splattered all over her shoes from walking into the crime scenes.

"Ahh~ Each of these photos are so beautiful~ There isn't a more beautiful sight other than ZerØ herself~"

The locations of each photo were attached via sticky notes. She takes the 9 most recent photos and their locations. She walks out the closet and tears off a poster on her wall. As she's been gathering information she's been getting smarter, more confident in herself and her ability in connecting the puzzle pieces together to form a bigger picture. A large map with pins all over it was behind the poster. A map of the entire city and a few towns from upstate. She took out some pink pins and started arranging them in order of the locations, oldest to most recent. She knew that she could find a pattern somewhere, she's seen one before. It was how she was able to predict where and when ZerØ was going to be at certain locations. But her patterns, they were the most random seeming patterns ever. It looked like a scrambled up mess. But once she started to dig deeper, it became clear. She finished placing the new pins. She saw it. A pattern clear as day. An X. It was eye opening. The next location was on the top left and top right, where only 2 more pins would be needed to finish the X. Plus, 3 of ZerØ's targets were last seen at each location. She circled it with a pen. Haruka was ecstatic. She found the method to the madness. A perfectly arranged set of disguised patterns. No one but her has figured it out. She was able to understand it. Haruka started laughing a bit. She thought about how hard the government has been working to track her down, but all they have found is false evidence and mangled up corpses. Haruka knows everything she needs to.

"Hah! I knew I was more competent than those idiots. I'm already getting a plan laid down, while they lose their minds behind the desk!"

Haruka took a moment to catch her breath and calm down. She wiped the tears away that she had shed from laughing so hard. Haruka had to remember something. Even if at this moment she knew how to use all of this to her advantage, she was doing all of this for her. ZerØ. Her one and only love. The girl who has all of her heart. She couldn't let her pride get to her. She knows ZerØ thinks a flaw of humans is being overly prideful at times. She needs to stay humble. She is not above ZerØ. Her pride will only get in the way of her plans. Haruka had to figure out the perfect way to do this. Her last-ditch effort. She just wanted to show her how much she loved her, and how far she was willing to for her. Then, she would surely win her over. She doesn't only want to understand ZerØ, she wants ZerØ to understand her. Haruka took all her notes and put them together. If she was going out, she was going out with a bang. After all, ZerØ loves a good show. And she knew one thing above all else, ZerØ loves cute plushies. She has collected hundreds of them. Haruka remembers being in the sewing club in high school. She took it because her mother was trying to force her to "be more ladylike", Whatever the hell that means. But now, she can actually put it to use. Haruka pulled out her yarn and a crochet hook. She took a photo of ZerØ and tried to color match the yarn. She found the perfect pinks, whites, and blacks. She started to get a feel for how the plush doll will look. It needs to be as cute as possible. This was a gift for ZerØ after all, it's only right to put all her effort in it. She started to create the doll. Carefully crocheting and making sure it was filled to the brim with cotton, to make certain it was as soft as possible. Pulling together the perfect masterpiece. 2 hours in, her dad comes in to check on her. Haruka turned around and just stared at him with that cold sharp gaze. Her dad looked at the unfinished doll, the creepy photos, the city map, and the red lights illuminating the room. He immediately realized that he shouldn't interrupt whatever Haruka was doing and left. Haruka sighed. She smelt the pills on his breath again. The least he can do is check on her while he's sober. Out of all the places she got stuck in after getting rid of her mother, she got stuck with her father. Having no immediate family sure sucks. She fixed a loose thread. Haruka was done with the first part. Now for the second. Haruka knew she would have to monitor ZerØ for a bit. Haruka took what looked to be a sticky note pad from her drawer. She took apart the sticky note pad and it revealed a small motherboard. Along that was a few wires, a micro camera, and a receiver. She took them and put them where the right eye was going to be. She quickly reprogrammed the transmitter and motherboard to transmit all video and audio to the program on her tablet at a longer range than before. She drilled a small hole in a pink button and placed the practically invisible camera inside. After perfectly tightening the pink button eyes onto the doll, she tests out the camera. It works perfectly, as expected. She gets an old birthday gift box and touches it up with some pink spray paint her dad got from his work. She puts glitter from her yarn kit on the gift box. Before she put it in the box she had an idea. She saw some red string on her desk, the string she used for the button eyes. She went over to the desk and tied the strings to each limb of the doll. As she was tiring the strings, she accidentally pricked her finger on a large loose needle. She saw that blood was dripping down and had an idea.