chapter 25

(Rias)pov

Ravel transfers to Kuoh Academy and joins the Occult Reasrch Club. The club starts preparing for the school festival. While talking with Kiba and Azazel comes to talk to Ddraig about finding him councilor. While talking to Ddraig, I comes to request Issei's help, y/n and Micheal was there to keep an on thing.

I takes Issei to the Sitri Domain to the Serafall Memorial Hospital to see Sairaorg's mother Misla Bael to try and wake her from the coma. I tells Issei about Sairaorg's past, where he and Misla suffered due to the former's birth circumstances. Even using his Pailingual, it didn't had effect on Misla.

The Gremory Family are training for their upcoming match against Sairaorg. Before Issei could join, I tells them we going to be interviewed before the Rating Game. Issei is thinking about me when suddenly Asia and Koneko show up. 

The Gremory Family travel to Agares along with Irina and Azazel for the rating game against Sairaorg. On the way to Agares Dome, Ravel joins them. On the way there, they meet Hades(Dxd) who comes to watch the game as well. 

They meet Riser who tells Issei that Sirzechs wants to see him. As both kings and their peerages are ready, both sides send out their knights for the first battle. Using his Balance Breaker, Kiba defeats Beruka in the first round, earning the Gremory team the victory. 

Rolling the dice, they are accumulated to ten, where Rossweisse and Koneko are sent out together, facing a knight named Liban Crocell and a rook named Gandoma Balam. Crocell uses his Sacred Gear to increase the gravity around Rossweisse, rendering her immobile. 

Despite that, Rossweisse is able to free herself by teleporting Gandoma in her place. Although she releases a powerful attack, Liban survives and traps both girls in his gravitational field. Gandoma, who also survived, emerges from the ground and crushes Koneko. 

Although Rossweisse eventually wins, the Gremory house loses their first piece, and Issei vows to hold onto his anger for when his time comes. The total comes to eight and Sairaorg publicly chooses his bishop, Coriana Andrealphus, while Issei goes out after Sairaorg reveals he chose Coriana specifically to fight Issei. 

Coriana attempts to distract Issei by stripping for him, but he wins after she tries to take off her panties first, which according to Issei, breaks the rules of stripping. The total is once again added to eight, but because Issei cannot be sent out again, Xenovia and Gasper - wanting to avenge Koneko - volunteer to go out, where they face a rook named Ladora Bune and a bishop named Misteeta Sabnock. 

Misteeta uses a Sacred Gear which nullifies Xenovia's powers, in response, Gasper attempts to remove the curse by pouring Issei's blood in a magic circle and goes out to fight to buy her some time. 

Despite being thrashed around by Ladora, Gasper uses Issei's advice and loyalty to the Gremory household to withstand the attacks, eventually buying enough time for Xenovia to recover and obliterate Misteeta and Bune, although Gasper sacrifices himself in the process. With seven members left on the Gremory team and only three left on Sairaorg's, the total is added to nine and Akeno, being the queen, volunteers to go out, where she faces Sairaorg's queen, Kuisha Abaddon.

The fight ends with Akeno's defeat due to Kuisha's ability to absorb opposing attacks and redirect them to wherever she wishes as y/n was shock to see that and Micheal pat his head. With the next total being 12, Sairaorg goes out to fight Kiba, Xenovia and Rossweisse, who volunteered in Issei's place in an attempt to wear Sairaorg down.

(y/n)pov

On the battlefield, Sairaorg takes off his constraints, causing his fighting aura to significantly increase. He takes down Rossweisse with a single punch, although it's later revealed to be a perfectly planned ruse, the Rossweisse that Sairaorg knocked out of the arena was a mimic created by an Excalibur sword which she borrowed from Xenovia; falling into the water was also part of her plan.