ii.

CHAPTER TWO
riddle me this.

"i don't get it! why can't we enter for the tournament?" mattheo angrily yelled, slamming down the pillow.

"okay, mad hatter. you heard dumbledore, the tournament that occurred last year was discontinued because of a death toll." daphne said to him, mattheo rolled his eyes and groaned in annoyance.

madison entered the common room with her boyfriend, ethan harrison. a slytherin in his 6th year. his family is known to be wealthy, maybe number 8th in the list of the wealthy pureblood families. they got together when madison was in 3rd year, and their relationship had just started blooming into more once she started 4th year.

"i told you, it's gonna be great." ethan said to her, chuckling. both of them ignored the looks madison's friends were giving them.

"god, i hate him so much." mattheo mumbled under his breath, watching as both of them give heart eyes to each other.

"aw, don't be mad matty, you'll find love on your own." pansy teased, patting his thigh. mattheo glared at her. "i don't care about love, or that type of shit. i don't know what maddie sees in him. he lacks in quidditch, if i'm gonna be honest!"

"same here. he's got this aura that i'm not really sure of, but i hate his aura." daphne commented, theo nodded to her. "same. i feel like he's taking advantage of maddie."

"why, because she's a sweet, naïve little girl?" draco queried, raising an eyebrow.

"no, you idiot. maddie's kind, yes. but there's just something about that harrison dude, like he's toying her." pansy says, mattheo snapped his fingers then pointed at pansy. "exactly my point."

blaise shrugged. "i don't know, they seem pretty happy."

"yeah, until you find out what his true intentions are. i bet he's just trying to get in her pants and continue the harrison bloodline." enzo snorted, flipping his book over.

"or better, the riddle bloodline." daphne added, snickering.

"both of you are disgusting."

"they're talking about us again." ethan quietly whispered to madison making her glance at them, her friends suddenly looked away and acted like they were doing normal things. she chuckled and turned back to him, "they're just worried."

"worried about what? you're perfectly fine. at least fine with me."

"they're just protective of me." madison smiled, defending them. ethan clicked his tongue, "i know. but i still don't like it when they get touchy touch with you. especially nott."

"what? what do you mean? theo's my friend." madison says, chuckling.

"he gets touchy."

"he gets touchy with all of us. that includes daph and pans."

ethan sighed, "whatever. let's just talk about this tomorrow. let's go to bed, sweetheart."

"oh, alright." both of them stood up, and the group immediately looked at them, watching as they whispered to one another and madison softly giggling.