x.

CHAPTER TEN.
hello, my therapist friend.

"what do you guys think about the new teacher?"

"she won't last."
"disgusting."
"she's too pinky for my liking."
"hate her."

all of them said at all once except for the twins, who were too quiet for the group's liking. theo glanced at them again, approaching mattheo who was staring at the ceiling.

"smoke?"

mattheo shook his head, not taking his eyes from the ceiling. pansy noticed this also, she went to theo and pulled him away from mattheo. "what's with them?"

"don't.. mind them, okay? they're probably not doing well. after what they've gone through last year, i reckon they don't want to talk about it. just give them time." pansy nodded, giving madison a worried look.

theo approached madison next, placing a hand on her thigh. "smoke, maddie?"

"not gonna smoke. but let's go to the tower."

theo nodded, both of them stood up and left the common room. they both walked through the corridors in silence, theo glanced at her then sighed.

"wanna talk about it?"

"no."

theo nodded, glancing at her again. they both reached the astronomy tower, leaning onto the railings as they let the wind blow into their faces.

"why aren't you smoking?"

"don't want to."

"so we came up here for nothing?"

"not exactly nothing."

"then, what?" madison furrowed her eyebrows together, looking at theo. "you can talk to me, rosie."

"i'm not forcing you, but i just want you to know that i'm here."

"okay." madison mumbled, nodding her head.

"everything's just shitty today." she began, theo made sure to listen to it.

"florence died in front of us. fathe— voldemort killed her." theo's jaw clenched, nodding his head. "i just feel like my life's ripping apart."

"the new teacher doesn't help either."'she managed to joke, but theo didn't laugh. even if she didn't say anything, theo knew how she felt.

the eyes never lie.

theodore nott had always been an observer. a quiet boy filled with sarcastic and snarky comments within him. he was able to tell everyone's strengths and weaknesses. and he always bingo-ed everytime he gets it right.

madison's eyes says a lot. it was theo's favorite features of hers. her almond celestial, brown eyes that showed none other than passion. her eyes expressed more than herself. simply, one could tell when she's happy or sad. but theo? he knew it all.

how her eyes turns red as she rapidly blinks when she's about to cry, how her eyebrows stayed furrowed and looks empty when she's disappointed, and how her eyes went lively and wide and how it beautifully twinkled with a smile on her face.