iii.

CHAPTER TWO.
delenda; things to be destroyed.

"hey, babe." ethan walked up to madison, wrapping his arm around her as the girl turned around, kissing him on the lips.

"hey, what do you need?"

"i was just wondering if you want to go to a party? just between my friends and a couple of hufflepuffs." he says, "so?" ethan raised an eyebrow, madison looked around to see the boys talking amongst themselves.

"yeah. i don't have any plans for tonight. i think the boys will be just smoking." ethan nodded, planting a kiss on her head.

"very well then, i'll pick you up." madison nodded as ethan walked away, sharing the news to his friends.

as the clock hit quarter to midnight, madison was in the common room, waiting for ethan. while the boys were getting ready to go to the astronomy tower, minus draco.

"why are you up?" mattheo asked, putting on his jacket. "i'm waiting for ethan, we're going to a party."

"woah, hold on. a party?" enzo asked, grabbing madison's shoulder. "it's just a small party. just between his friends and a couple of hufflepuffs."

mattheo grunted as ethan walked up to them, glaring at enzo. "better to take your hand off my girl, berkshire."

"calm down, nutter." enzo mumbled, removing his hand from madison. "make sure you drop her off here." blaise says, raising an eyebrow at ethan.

"i will, zabini." he says, wrapping his arm around madison's waist, pulling her away and not even giving her a chance to say goodbye to them.

they arrived at the room of requirement, and as ethan said, it was indeed a small party. disco music was playing in the background, a couple of girls called ethan over. madison immediately felt out of place as it was filled with 5th years and 6th years. "this is madison, my girlfriend." ethan introduced.

"mattheo riddle's sister?" a girl queried, her eyebrows rising up. "yeah." madison replied, shaking hands with her.

"nice to meet you, i'm lilith. these are my friends," she pointed to a girl with short hair beside her, "delilah." she pointed to another girl with long blonde locks, "and diana!" she exclaimed.

"hi! i'm madison." madison shook hands with both girls who gave her warm smiles. she felt ethan's arm loosening around her waist.

"ethan! glad you came." cedric diggory came up to ethan, exchanging a hug with him.

"i see you brought madison." cedric gave her a grin, madison could only smile in return. "do you want anything to drink, madison?" cedric asks.

"oh, no i'm good. thank you." madison smiled, cedric nodded. ethan looked at her and gently tapped her back before following cedric to a corner. madison's smile faltered as she sat down on the couch.

her eyes wandered around, as time passed by, people were either passed out on the floor or was gone to shag one another. she stayed silent the whole night, and she was too shy to even move. however, her silence was interrupted when ethan approached her. finally.