vii.

CHAPTER SEVEN
it ended up crying on a staircase.

madison and her friends were at the black lake, it was only a few weeks before christmas and they had started getting ready for the yule ball. narcissa had sent dress robes for draco, enzo and theo. florence had also sent the twins their clothes, including pansy as her aunt didn't even bother responding to her letter. daphne and blaise received theirs too.

"i still don't have a date!" daphne complained. "how can you? you're rejecting the boys that ask you out!" enzo exclaims.

"oh, shut it, berkshire." daphne snapped, rolling her eyes. "why don't you just ask the guy out you were snogging with at the party?" pansy asked.

"me? asking him? you want me, a girl, to ask him, a boy, out?" pansy rolled her eyes. daphne had this thing of always believing in the traditional chivalry. she was always a virtuous woman — i mean, who can blame her? she grew up in a family full of poise, a family who knew their worth.

"wait," enzo turned to madison and theo. "what about you two? you haven't told us who your dates were."

madison's breath hitched, theo shook his head and lit up his joint. "i'm going with a hufflepuff boy." the group went silent and almost their faces formed into an expression of disappointment.

"and you, theo?" blaise quietly asked. theo just shrugged.

"maybe a beauxbatons girl." he said, exhaling out the smoke. blaise nodded at him.

theo glanced at madison who was quietly staring down at the lake whilst she hugged her knees. he scrunched his nose up and rolled his eyes.

madison woke up to pansy practically jumping on her bed. madison groaned and covered her face with the blanket.

"maddie, it's christmas!"

then it hit her. madison suddenly sat up and met eyes with pansy. the two stared at each other in silence before squealing as pansy went to wake up daphne while madison rushed out of the room to go to the boys.

she loudly knocked on their door, with one last loud knock, draco opened it. he was glaring at madison who just smiled at him. "happy christmas, draco!" she exclaimed, hugging him and kissing his cheek before running inside.

"knew you would come in." blaise said, immediately putting on a shirt. madison went to kiss his cheek next, "happy christmas, b!"

"happy christmas, maddie." blaise ruffled her hair, madison moved on to her next victim which was enzo. she jumped on his bed and planted multiple kisses on his cheek, which he luckily woke up to.

"okay, okay. i'm awake! happy christmas, maddie."

"happy christmas, enzo!" she giggled and went to her brother. "matty! it's christmas!" madison grabbed a pillow and hit mattheo with it.

mattheo groaned and turned around, madison rolled her eyes and hit his face with the pillow again. "i'm awake!" he yelled, groaning as he sat up while rubbing his eyes.

"happy christmas, matty." mattheo nodded in acknowledgement and kissed his sister's temple. madison moved on to her last victim, which was theo.