v.

CHAPTER FIVE
go on and step on me.

"madison. madison."

the said girl moved slightly, closing her eyes shut. "hey, madison. wake up."

groaning slightly, she opened her eyes to see cedric in front of her. she immediately sat up in surprise, her eyes widened. "cedric, what are you doing here?"

"i just.. i saw the lights on and thought it was weird that they were on so i went in and checked. why are you sleeping here?" cedric asked.

"i, uh, fell asleep. i was studying." she lied, licking her bottom lip. cedric nodded. "what happened to your face? are you hurt? you look very hurt."

"i'm fine. i just, hit myself. don't worry."

"alright. do you want to go to the hospital wing? you have a big bruise."

"uhm, it's fine." madison fixed her hair and covered the bruise with it. "i should get to.. the common room."

cedric nodded, watching as madison quickly left the room and left him inside.

theodore nott

"what if mattheo's right?" daphne asked. no one has seen madison since yesterday.

"she's fine. she's probably too scared to face us right now." draco says, daphne scoffed and rolled her eyes at him.

i stayed quiet during this conversation as daphne and the other boys started arguing. the group hasn't been the same since then, all of us kept arguing. that's all we did. argue.

something in me knew that mattheo and daphne was right, but something also felt wrong that day. i couldn't exactly say it.

i missed rosie, i missed seeing her smile. last time i saw her, she wasn't quite happy upon seeing me. i don't know if what ethan said was true and all.

but the sudden disappearance made me quite uneasy, she hasn't been eating. last time i saw her eat, it was when the foreign schools came, and then the following weeks, i haven't seen her eat with ethan's friends in the great hall.

"get your head out of your damn ass, berkshire, because this is serious! it's been weeks since we saw her here. who knows, ethan's probably got her locked up somewhere." the group stayed silent, enzo bit his bottom lip.

"she's probably dead because of starvation." daphne added. the group looked at her and i did too. the possibility of it scared me.

i grunted, grabbing a joint from my pocket as i stood up and grabbed my blazer. "where are you going?"

i ignored blaise's question as i left the great hall with my blazer hanging over my shoulder. i reached the astronomy tower and finally lit up my joint. i grabbed it with my two fingers and pulled it out of my mouth, breathing out the smoke.

stressed washed over to me. i began to overthink over the fact that madison may be dead in a ditch somewhere. before i knew it, my leg began to bounce up and down. i couldn't feel the relief i always felt whenever i breathe in and breathe out.