chapter iv

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲."
- 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐃. 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐭

 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐭

As Kireina stirred from her slumber, her gaze fell upon Aang's sleeping form, his soft snores filling the air. The moonlight cascaded through the tent, casting an ethereal glow upon his exposed airbending tattoos that stretched across his back, a testament to his lineage and destiny.

Realizing she was clad only in a thin tank-top, Kireina swiftly donned her vibrant green kimono and dark trousers before slipping out of the tent into the stillness of the night.

The Southern Water Tribe Village laid shrouded in darkness, the moon reigning supreme in the sky. Sleep had eluded her, their arrival mere hours ago evident in the pre-dawn silence. Seizing the opportunity, Kireina sought solace in the moon's embrace, yearning to meditate beneath its luminous gaze. Despite the centuries-old restrictions towards meditating at nighttime that were imposed by the Air Nomad monks, tonight, there were no barriers to hold her back. The girl indeed found herself calmer and stronger under the moonlight.

Venturing beyond the confines of the village, Kireina sought a secluded spot amidst the frozen expanse, away from the playful antics of the penguins. As the moonlight enveloped her, she settled into a meditative posture, her focus drawn inward as she synchronized her breath with the rhythm of the universe.

For hours, she remained immersed in meditation, attuned to the symphony of nature that surrounded her. Yet, her tranquility was shattered by the unexpected intrusion of Katara's inquiry about the Avatar from their earlier travels. Though Aang claimed ignorance, Kireina understood the weight of destiny that hung upon his shoulders, a burden she too carried as the Ransu—a responsibility not easily embraced.

Then her thoughts drifted off to her eyes. Recalling Aang's cryptic mention of them from the previous day, Kireina resolved to confront her reflection by the sea, seeking clarity amidst the rippling waters that mirrored her inner turmoil.

To her astonishment, Kireina found her eyes gleaming with a luminous shade of yellow. It was a stark departure from her usual brown hues, reminiscent of the fiery glow of the Fire Nation—a paradoxical sight for an Air Nomad. Could this unexpected transformation be linked to her role as the Ransu? Such questions lingered in her mind as she pondered the inexplicable alteration in her eye colour, ruling out the possibility of colour lenses.

In a sudden surge of clarity, a vivid vision unfolded before her, depicting the moment she and Aang were trapped within the icy embrace of an iceberg. In this ethereal realm, her eyes radiated with a golden brilliance, harmonizing with Aang's luminescent blue-white aura. She reckoned that this phenomenon was the cause of her eyes' change. As the vision transitioned, she found herself immersed in a forest teeming with vitality—a sentient wilderness pulsating with unseen energies. Guided by an unseen force, she soared above the landscape that beheld the majestic form of a Lion Turtle—an ancient being whose name resonated deep within her soul, transcending the bounds of time and space. She could not understand how she knew its name.