chapter vii

"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞."
- 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧

" - 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧

Kireina and her newfound companions settled on the shore, the sun casting its warm embrace upon them. With practiced efficiency, Kireina arranged the sleeping bags while Aang, rubbing dry sticks together and using the spark Yun provided beforehand, ignited a lively blaze to ward off the encroaching night chill. Meanwhile, Sokka and Yun ventured into the wilderness, the promise of a hearty meal spurring them onward.

Katara, her waterbending prowess on full display, deftly purified the gathered water, ensuring their canteens were filled with the purest of refreshments. Despite her outward calm, a flicker of concern danced behind her eyes, her mind plagued by worry for her absent companions.

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" Katara's voice portrayed her unease, while her pacing betrayed her anxious thoughts. "What if they're in trouble? Perhaps we should-"

Aang, ever the voice of reason, offered a reassuring smile. "Katara, trust in Kireina's abilities. Her extraordinary power to mind-read using the Golden Cigun has confirmed that Yun doesn't have any ill-intentions. And with the Sokka by his side, they're as safe as can be."

Kireina deadpanned and gave Aang an unamused look. "It's the Golden Chigan," she corrected.

Katara's furrowed brow softened at Aang's words, however, finding solace in his unwavering faith. "I hope you're right," she murmured, her gaze drifting towards the forest's edge.

Just then, the rustle of foliage heralded the return of their comrades. Sokka and Yun emerged from the shadows, their camaraderie evident in the easy banter and shared laughter that echoed through the clearing.

"Looks like they've made friends," Aang remarked with a grin, his eyes twinkling with mirth.

Katara eyed the duo warily, her caution palpable despite the jovial atmosphere. "Let's hope those newfound friendships are genuine," she murmured, her concern lingering just beneath the surface.

As Sokka and Yun approached, their arms laden with a bountiful harvest from the land and sea, Katara's apprehension softened at the sight of their triumphant grins.

"You both seem rather pleased with yourselves," she observed, her curiosity piqued.

Sokka beamed with pride, ticking off a mental checklist of shared traits. "Turns out, Yun and I are practically the exact same spirits! We're both eighteen, love a good adventure, and have an insatiable appetite!"

Yun nudged Sokka playfully, his eyes alight with mischief. "He forgot to mention our shared love for terrible jokes."

Amidst shared laughter, the group settled around the crackling fire, their makeshift table adorned with the fruits of Sokka and Yun's labour. Aang, Kireina, and Katara cheered appreciatively at the sight of the freshly caught fish and foraged herbs, their hunger sharpened by the day's exertions.