chapter vi

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬."
- 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚 𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐡𝐢

" - 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚 𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐡𝐢

The village quaked with fear as the ominous silhouette of the Fire Nation's massive ship loomed on the horizon, casting a dark shadow over their peaceful homes. In the midst of the chaos, one lone warrior stood defiant, refusing to cower in the face of impending danger. Sokka, his resolve as unyielding as the frozen tundra beneath his feet, braced himself for the inevitable clash.

"Sokka, get out of there!" Katara's frantic cry pierced through the air, but Sokka remained steadfast, gripping his club tightly as he stared down the encroaching threat.

As the ship drew nearer, a deafening rumble shook the ground, sending a cascade of snow and debris hurtling towards the village. Sokka's muscles tensed as he raised his weapon, poised to defend his tribe against the encroaching menace.

With a thunderous crash, the ship's bow collided with the village wall, sending a shockwave of snow and ice cascading in all directions. Sokka braced himself against the onslaught with his heart pounding in his chest.

As the mist cleared, revealing the ominous figures emerging from the ship, Katara's breath caught in her throat. Five dark silhouettes loomed before them, their presence casting a pall of dread over the gathered villagers.

Undeterred by the overwhelming odds, Sokka let out a fierce battle cry, charging headlong towards the approaching Fire Nation soldiers. But before he could reach them, a swift kick sent him tumbling into the snow, his club clattering uselessly to the ground.

Katara watched in horror as her brother was swiftly overpowered by the enemy, his valiant efforts thwarted by their superior strength and skill. The sight of Sokka's quick defeat sent a surge of fury coursing through her veins, but she knew she was powerless to intervene.

Among the invaders, two figures stood out—one adorned with a gruesome scar that marred his face, a testament to the cruelty of the Fire Nation. It was Prince Zuko, his eyes ablaze with so much anger as he demanded answers from the cowering villagers.

"Where are you hiding him?" Zuko's voice echoed with authority, his gaze sweeping over the crowd with unwavering intensity. With a swift motion, he seized Katara and Sokka's grandmother, Kanna, wrenching her from the safety of the crowd.

"Speak now, or suffer the consequences! He'd be about this age, master of all elements?" Zuko's voice boomed with menace, his eyes flashing with barely-contained fury.

Kanna trembled in his grasp, her frail form no match for his iron grip. He shoved the elderly woman back into the crowd. Katara's heart pounded with fear and rage as she watched helplessly, her hands clenched into fists at her sides.