Savior Complex

"Okay, Miller, to my left we have Hera Henderson and to my right Milo Priscott, AKA our patient zero." He said pointing to the two glass doors behind him. "They both had a fever of 37 this morning and as you relayed with June, they were also a little" He paused, I figured he was still taking in the situation. "Combative" He handed me both of their charts. "These are their lab results, the ajone caused natural blood coagulants in their bodies to evaporate hence all the blood they consumed before also evaporated with the fever."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" While I appreciated the information, I was just a mere nurse. There was no reason for me to know this.

"Because you, my dearest Miller, once again saved the day." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I was writing the discharge papers of those kids when June told me and I just want to know how you figured this out?"

"I didn't." I blatantly said and saw the wrinkles in Bianco's forehead get deeper. "I mean, Lewis, the teacher and my roommate, had those symptoms this morning. I just thought they would have the same ones too." I gave him back the charts.

"Well you may not have figured out all the science behind this but your quick thinking might have saved these kids' lifes." He patted my shoulder again, a bit too hard this time, making hiss. "What happened here?" He pulled my t-shirt showing the bloodied bandage I carelessly put on this morning.

"Remember the combative part? I figured that one out the hard way." I tried shaking his hands he was basically undressing me in the middle of the fucking hallway. This man had no sense of self awareness of personal space.

"Have a nurse take a look at that, can't afford you getting an infection when I need you the most." He checked his watch and I was about to walk away when he grabbed my arm. "But do it later, we have to check on our patients." He dragged me into the room of the girl, Hera.

"Caleb?" I said when I saw his blonde head turning to us.

"Hi... Parrish." He didn't sound as enthusiastic as the last time we met and he had bags under his eyes.

"How have you been? You never, you never called me, I thought you would." My hands got sweaty, I wasn't expecting to run into a hook up at his time.

"Yeah, sorry about that... I had a lot going on." He said tiredly, looking away from me to his sister.

"No, no, it's fine, I don't- you still have my number, you can call me anytime." I stared at him holding his sister's hand. He looked tired.

The air got awkward, I wasn't mad or annoyed because he didn't call me. I actually felt guilty because I had forgotten about him. At least Bianco noticed how uncomfortable I was and put me out of my misery.

"I get that you two got to know each other well since the last time we were together but our main concern right now is Hera." He stared at her labs for a moment. "She exhibited a bit more aggression than the other kid, so we gave her a sedative with her blood to calm her down." He walked over to examine her serum bag. "She's taking a nap thanks to that, her vitals are stable and she should be waking up soon." Bianco wrote something down on a paper and looked up at Caleb. "You have nothing to worry about right now, she's out of the woods."

"Thank you, doctor." He said almost whispering in a quiet weak voice.

"You're welcome." He turned to the glass door and started walking out. "Come on, Miller, let's keep moving."

"Uh, yeah..." I gave Caleb and his sister one more look. "Actually doc, I want to check her vitals again if that's okay?" I was fidgeting with my hands a little. I saw Bianco raise an eyebrow before answering.

"Suit yourself but be quick about it, I'll wait outside." God bless Bianco's ability to read the room.

After he left, I grabbed a rolling stool and rolled next to Caleb.