A series of (un)fortunate Pocky- Gruvia

Here is part 2 of the Pocky and thank you @DawningWriter for requesting Gruvia as the ship for it. I had a blast writing this and I hope you enjoy it too! 

~~~~~~~~~~

Levy tapped her pen against her chin as she observed her fellow guild mates go about their business. A check list sat in front of her and almost everything had been marked off, in regards to her curiosity with the Pocky.

Her job of curse removal had been taken care of a few days prior, and as part of the reward, she was given the not quite cursed Pocky. Which gave plenty of room for her earlier thoughts on experimenting with them.

She had already done several tests with them on her own. Seeing how the Pocky reacted to other types of magic, how strong it could hold up, if the flexibility lasted outside of the game, and many more inquiries she had. Now, it was time to really test it when the game was ongoing. Which meant that she needed some help.

However, there were a few problems with the idea. Problem one, everyone knew about the Pocky's abilities after Lucy went around asking for help. So, the likelihood of getting a willing volunteer was slim.

Problem two, even if she could get a volunteer, what were the chances that the volunteer's match or love or whatever it was that worked with the stick, was here in the guild? Or that said love felt the same? The chances weren't great and the results would mean someone was stuck with a pocky glued in their mouth. Even if there was a chance it wouldn't work for everyone, Levy wasn't willing to risk that.

So, if she did this experiment, she had to target specific members. Ones that she suspected, even someone as dense as Natsu could notice, a romance between. Even if it wasn't official.

And the third and biggest problem being the crowned matchmaker of Fairy tail. If Mirajane knew that she still had these special Pocky, things wouldn't go quietly. If anything, Mira would swipe them and somehow manage to get everyone in the guild to take one.

With all that in mind, she decided on a simple but straightforward plan. One that started with their resident Gray Fullbuster. She got herself up with the pocky tucked away and made her way over to the lone ice mage.

"Hey, Gray. Mind if I have a seat?" Levy greeted him.

Gray looked up from his near empty plate, surprised that it was Levy of all people to ask. Although she wasn't the bluenette he expected to see, he didn't mind her company.

"Sure, but do so at your own risk." Gray replied, mostly joking.

He subtly gestured to the bar where Juvia sat. Her sharp eyes darted over to his table too many times to go unnoticed. Something she had been doing long before Levy approached him.

It seemed to become a habit a few days prior. Since Lucy asked for his help with the pocky. Even though he declined the blonde at the time, Juvia had been usually distance and he wasn't sure why. It was starting to bother him.

Honestly, he wished that she would just come over and join him. Not that he would say that out loud, in front of everyone.

"Thanks." Levy remarked.

She sat down across from him, well aware of a few pairs of eyes on them. Mainly, those of Mira and Juvia. But she payed them no mind. Now she had to focus on her plan.

"I'll get straight to the point. The reason I came over here was to ask you for a favor." Levy informed him.

"A favor?" Gray repeated with a curious brow raised.

"Yep." Levy nodded eagerly.

Gray set the plate aside and leaned back against the bench to get comfortable. Knowing Levy, he was in for a long explanation if this turned out to be something that she was excited about.