Prologue

Interplanetary Space Station

Earth's Orbit

3024

The space station glistened in the sun's light. Its steel shell shining with beautiful glory, a perfect example of the United Legion of Planets. Lieutenant Carl Burton stared out the window, peaking down at the Earth below. Although he sees it everyday, it was as if he was seeing it for the first time. The blue of the sea and the green of the land, it looked perfect, majestic almost. He was a young skinny man of twenty two years old, he was just out of officer training at the Legion Academy in London, England. When he was at school a Legion officer had came to do a talk about it and how great it was, Carl needed a part of this. He came from Watford in North-West London. His child hood wasn't much, an abusive father, a drunk mother. His sister committed suicide when he was ten and it really hit him hard. He knew from that day on that he was not gonna turn out like his father or mother, or even his sister. He wanted more, a purpose in life and this was it his first posting as an officer within the United Legion of Planets, to which he was delighted. Before this posting he had done his bit at security checkpoints within the city, he always wanted more and this was it, he got off the planet and in space, he couldn't ask for more.

"You ok there eyes" said the voice of Lieutenant Zoe "Spark" Conway. Also a newly commissioned Officer from the Academy. She was called Spark due to the short spikey  blonde hair with blue tips. "Why do you always insist on calling me eyes" said Carl in a questioning tone. "You're eye's of course" answered Zoe. Carl had two different coloured eye's, his right was blue and his left was green. His mother had always told him he was special and that his eye's where a gift from the god's.

"Anyway, you ok Kid" asked Zoe. She placed her hand on Carl's shoulder, she always looked towards him as the little brother she never had. "Do you ever wonder that all this is for, the war's the death and control, why can't the galaxy be at peace" said Carl. He turned to look at Zoe, his eye's pink and swollen as if he had been crying for hours. "listen kid" said Zoe "The legion is trying to being peace to the galaxy, and that is why they need strong officers like you" she smiled at him and give him a tight hug "well I better get back to the control room, see ya later kid" said Zoe. "Yea see ya later" replied Carl. Just then a loud bang could be heard in the darkness of space. A red light was zooming towards the station at an alarming rate. "What the hell is that" said Carl. Zoe turned to see what he was looking at. The red light was getting closer then suddenly it slammed into the starboard side of the space station. The whole station shook with the impact of the blast. Alarms started to sound and red emergency lights started to flash within the corridors of the station. "come on eye's, lets get to the control room"

As they ran along the corridors to the control room, smoke filled the air, people were screaming in pain. "Come on Carl, Keep up" shouted Zoe and she steamed away in front. The entered the upper deck leading to the control room. The Station suddenly started to tile to the starboard. The sounds of the station moaning and groaning was something the young lieutenants had never heard before. The steel hull sounded as if it was screaming, screaming for help in the dark, cold void of space that would never come. They entered the control room, it was alive with activity. Captain Jason Strong was barking orders to the engineers on the control desks. "Any idea on what hit us captain" asked Zoe "Your guess is as good as mine lieutenant" answered Strong. Just as he had finished speaking a Mars Union Star Fighter zoomed past the control room windows, it's bright red flame from the thruster lit up the room as it blasted past. The glass in the windows shook and vibrated as if an earthquake had hit. "Why the hell is the Union this close to earth" boomed Strong. "Union Battle Cruiser captain"  said a plucky second engineer on the controls. "Dear god help us all" said carl, a tone of sadness darkened his voice. "Sir we have lost more power in the starboard thrusters" said the engineer. The station started to list even more. "We need to get back to earth" said Strong, "You two, go to the central dome and port side and get everyone into the central corridor, we need to get out of here before they come and finish us off" "Aye Aye Sir" replied Zoe and Carl.