Chapter 4

General Zang looked out of the window in his quarter's, the anger still building up inside him. The king had sent him to the lowest of the lowest, part of the Pluto fleet where nothing happens. Pluto is the only planet within the solar system that is not part of the legion. It's cold and frozen landscape played a nightmare with the legion and unions shuttles and tech. Mars has been upping it's presents around the planet for sometime, the few dwarf planets that the union did control before the great planetary war was a staging ground for their forces. After the legion came and gutted their resources on the planets, Zang was furious, all his work in building the great army for the Mars Union had fallen in a sea of fire and smoke. Zang walked to his desk, his three toes clinking on the steel floor. A buzz sounded from desk and on the screen was commander Bacna, "sorry to disturb you general" he said, "we need your presence on the bridge". Zang punched the screen, sparks and smoke exploded from it as he smashed it into pieces. He fixed his tunic and placed his hat onto his head, His door opened and he stormed out into the corridor.

He stormed along the corridor, his medals shining and glinting in the red light of the corridor. A union soldier was walking along the corridor towards Zang, he placed his back against the wall and saluted him as he walked past. Zang stopped in his stride and turned to the soldier, and looked him dead in the eye. The soldier swallowed with fright, the mighty general Zang was looking at him dead in the eye's. Zang long three fingers around the soldiers neck and raised him off the floor. The soldier wiggled with pain, the air started to drain from his lungs. Then with an almighty squeeze, Zang snapped his neck with little effort as if he was snapped a twig. The soldiers body went limp, Zang looked into the dead soldiers lifeless eye's as if he was a child at the fair looking at his prize with delight and joy. He let go of his body, if fell and hit the floor with an almighty bang. Zang took one last look at the body and started on his power march towards the bridge.

The door's of the bridge slide open to reveal the large shadow of general Zang, lit from behind with a bright red light. The one full of life bridge fell silent, all the Martians stopped and stood up and turned to face their general. Commander Bacna, although frightened, made his advance towards the towering figure of his general. The atmosphere within the bridge was so thick that not even a knife could cut it, the only thing that could was the booming voice of general Zang, "Commander Bacna" boomed Zang "there is a dead soldier in corridor B6, have it removed". Bacna nodded and ushered another soldier to go and deal with the mess. Zang started to make his way to his chair in the middle of the bridge. "I hope you are well and rested my lord" said Bacna with a shaken voice of nerves, Zang slowly turned his head towards Bacna, grabbed his tunic and pulled him towards him. "The king is a bloody fool commander" boomed Zang, "the legion control most of this galaxy and other galaxies in their supposed democracy, while the union crawl and lie in the dust they left behind after the war and destroyed our empire". Zang rose from his chair and started walking towards the triangle windows at the front of the bridge. "What is the plan sir" asked Bacna, "We are going to restore the glory of the Mars Union to the galaxy" said Zang "the king and the council refuse to help, so I will do it myself". "But we are heading for the Pluto fleet sir" said Bacna, "that is what the council think" replied Zang as he strolled back to his chair. "We will place the ships tracker onto a transport ship and send it to the fleet with a small crew" said Zang, "that will leave us free to travel to Earth and wait for our time to attack". "Very good my lord" said an excited Bacna, "I will get onto it right away". "See that you do commander" said Zang, "when it is done send for me, I will be in my quarters".

Zang left the bridge and made his way back to this quarters, thoughts filled his head. The way Zang saw it at the minute, his once beloved Union has failed him, lost their way and have now lost all apatite for complete galaxy rule. He entered his quarters, a sigh of relief came over him, this plan to start rebuilding the union has begun, cogs beginning to move and twist into place. He removed his tunic, his back was covered with scars from his childhood when he was a slave for the old Mars government before the union came to power. He lay on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. Thoughts of his family flashed by his eye's, he closed them and drifted off the sleep, at least for now he could see his family in the only place he could. In his dreams.