Chapter 8

General Zang's heavily fortified battle cruiser dropped out of hyperspace in Earths orbit. It's bright red steel glinting in the suns light, the ship started its decent into Earth's atmosphere. It plowed it's way down into the Earth, the red flames from its engines hummed and thundered as it descended.  "Commander Bacna" boomed Zang, "bring the ship down to London", "Yes Sir" replied Bacna. The Red Moon started its decent down towards London.

Major Furbar was sitting at his deck inside Westminster when he felt his desk shake and rumble with vibrations. He turned in his chair and looked out the window, and what filled his eye's was complete and utter fear. Zang's huge battle cruiser filled the London sky, casting it in a dark shadow blocking out most of the light of the sun. Furbar arose from his desk and ran down the hall to the government chamber. He burst through the doors into the chamber, the doors bang against the walls as if an explosion had went off. "How dare you Major Furbar" boomed the speaker of the house, "Forgive me Mr. Speaker" replied Furbar "but the Martians are here, General Zang's ship is here". Suddenly, all the screens buzzed to life and the gray face of General Zang appeared. "Attention all humans of planet Earth and the so called United Legion of Planets" boomed Zang, "for too long the Legion has sucked all life from the Union, putting sanctions on our exports, raiding our ships, and pulling apart of trade ships in the outer ring. Now the United Legion will bow down and surrender to the might of red power, Prepare to be destroyed". The screens flicked to black, "What are we going to do" asked Coronel Parker "I'll call the reserve fleet" replied rear admiral Ashcroft. Just as Ashcroft had spoke, a huge explosion raged through the clock tower of Big Ben. The entire building shook, dust fell from the ceiling. "Everyone get to the emergency shelter, I'll call the fleet" Shouted Furbar.

The top of the Elizabeth tower started to crack and break due to the shock of the explosion. Suddenly, the top of the tower started to crumble and collapse. The clock tower thundered down into the chamber, an explosion of dust and rubble burst forth from the ground where it impacted. Furbar picked himself off of the ground of the chamber, he stumbled his way to the door. The sound of explosions ringing around him as London started to erupt to a volcano of fire and smoke. Furbar sprinted to his office to call the reserve fleet, The corridors started to fill with smoke and fire as explosions rained down around him. He entered his officer and started to send a message to the reserve fleet when General Zang transported himself into the office. "Well, well, well Major Furbar" said Zang, "What do you want Zang" replied Furbar. "You remember or deal don't you" said Zang, "you tell me to location of Conway's daughter, I get my hand on her and he comes out of hiding and I get my revenge". "My brother in law is dead Zang" replied Furbar. "Hahaha" laughed Zang "we both know he is alive, you accepted enough credits from me to give me the truth Furbar. Don't make me kill you to get what I want, because I will". Furbar walked towards the window, London was alive with fire, Union start fighters zoomed around the streets firing their guns at anything that moved. People where burning alive, vehicles exploding all around the streets. "This can all stop Major" said Zang "Tell me the location of Conway's daughter and I will call off my troops". Furbar took a sigh and turned to Zang "She is on the Blue Nova, heading to Saturn". "Thank you for your service Furbar" replied Zang, Zang started to walk towards the window, and looked out at the fiery hell of London. "Now call of your attack" shouted Furbar, Zang ignored him and turned to face him. Zang removed his gun from the inside of his long red trench coat and fired straight into Furbar's chest. Furber looked at him and collapsed onto the floor, Dead. Zang looked at the body on the floor, he smiled and walked back towards the center of the room and pressed his teleported and returned to his ship. London was now a wash with fire and smoke, Famous landmarks destroyed, bodies littered the streets, blood flowed into the river, staining it red.

As the Blue Nova travelled deeper into space Zoe was sitting at the desk in her quarter's looking out her window, she still couldn't believe this. She had her own ship, her own crew and on her first mission. Her screen flashed red with an urgent message on it,

 "LONDON..HAS..FALLEN..ALL..SHIPS..RETURN..TO..SPACE..DOCK" 

Zoe couldn't believe what she was seeing, the union had attacked the central hub of the united legion the place she thought was safe from attack. Carl burst into her quarter's, "what do we do captain" "set course for space dock" replied Zoe, "lets get ready to destroy these red bastards"