Chapter 1

The station ripped through the Earth's atmosphere. Atmospheric fire burst along the nose of the station as it fell through the sky. The hull groaned and stressed as it went, it was not designed to travel at this speed. The station was constructed at the legions space port on the Moon. "Where are we going to land captain" asked Zoe, "I have no idea" replied captain strong. The station kept descending, punching through hole's through the pearly white clouds as it went. It's blue thrusters glowing bright against a backdrop of the clouds. Then as the station burst through the last cloud, the green landscape of the world came into view. "There" shouted captain Strong, the English Channel, we can get her down there". The engineer on the controls started to drag the huge lumbering beast to the Channel. The steel shell glinted in the sunlight as it blasted it's way towards the sea.

As the station got lower and lower to the Channel, the brace for impact was alerted across the station, crew members braced and hung on for dear life. The station shuddered and shook as it continued to fall to it's watery landing zone. Outside panels started to rip of the side of the station with the g-force of the fall. "Sir we are gonna hit too fast" said a worried engineer. As the station got lower and lower, the worried faces of the crew concluded their worried and panic as the sea got closer to the windows. Then without warning the station crashed into the sea, an almighty blast of water and spray erupted over the windows of the station. Sparks blasted out of the controls and from the lights as it hit the water. A large wave of water burst through the windows on the lower decks right up to the control room. The impact through Zoe and Strong flying through the air and into the water and broken glass.

As Zoe came around, sparks sprung from exposed wires, smoked filled the air, water was rushing in around her. She sat up to look around, to get her bearings as to what had happened. "Are you ok Captain" asked Zoe "Captain" she asked again, she turned round to see captain Strong's lifeless face staring back at her, his eye's big and glazed over as if his sole was ripped from him. He had landed on a large piece of broken glass straight through the middle of his chest, the water around him started to turn red with blood. Zoe Jumped up, startled with what she was seeing, she was now in charge of the sinking station as next in command. "Mr. Boyd, contact fleet command, we need as many transport shuttles as they can muster" shouted Zoe, the thought of command brought her into her prime. "Yes ma'am" replied Boyd, "Sergeant Logan" commanded Zoe, "Get everyone to the top deck hanger bay and open the sky door's" "yes ma'am" answered Logan.

Zoe left the control room and headed to the med bay to get Carl, the corridor was filled with activity of people. "Everyone get to the top deck hanger bay" she shouted. The top deck hanger bay was the smallest bay on the station, but the only one on the central section of the station. It will have more than enough room to hold the crew members until help arrives. As Zoe entered the med bay, beds and bodies littered the floor, all dislodged with the impact of the crash. "Carl" she called, "over here spark" came a low whispering from under one of the beds, "Carl are you ok" asked Zoe "yeah Spark, ill be ok" he replied, his back bandaged with cold wet bandages to cool and sooth the burn. She helped him to his feet and helped him to the corridor. They headed down the corridor and to the emergency stair well that lead up to the hanger bay. The steel of the station creaked and groaned under the stress of the ordeal. As they started to climb the stairs, Zoe looked down to see water burst in the bottom door of the stair well. "Come on Carl, we need to move faster" she said. As the water raced up the stairwell, Zoe knew it wouldn't be long until the once great space station, the finest station in the legion would sink to a watery grave beneath the English Channel.

When Zoe and Carl reached the door that lead to the hanger bay, she kicked it open, the sunlight beamed through the door, almost knocking them backwards as it blinded through. Zoe could feel the fresh sea breeze on her face. She closed her eyes and sighed with relief, "lets go" she said to Carl as she started dragging him into the hanger bay. She sat down with Carl at the back of the hanger, they basked in the sunlight and the breeze, they had been in space for ten months and they thought they would never feel it again when the union attacked. Then suddenly the sound of thrusters could be heard getting closer and closer to the sinking station. Everyone in the hanger bay gasped with fear as they thought this could be the rest of the union start fighters coming to finishing them off. The thing the union liked more that battle was leaving no survivors to tell the tale of their attacks. The sound got louder as there was more than one, Zoe and Carl closed their eyes awaiting their cold hearted fait that would come swift from the union guns. Alas nothing came, then a loud applause filled the hanger bay. They opened their eye's to see legion transport shuttles preparing to land one at a time in the hanger bay. Their blue landing thrusters glowed with amazing light of safety, they where prepared to take all remaining crew back to the safety of land and proper medical care. Zoe gleamed with delight as she saw the shuttles land into the hanger bay, she was overcome with joy, at last the nightmare was over, they were safe. For now anyway.