Chapter 7

The shuttle landed in the hanger bay of the Blue Nova, the ramp lowered and Zoe could hear the whistles piping her aboard. As she walked down the ramp she seen a face that she remembered, it was her best friend lieutenant Carl Burnton. He approached her, his feet slammed to attention and he saluted her. "Welcome aboard captain" said Carl, "Eye's" replied Zoe. Carl give a little smile and stood aside for her to walk to the bridge. As they walked through the corridors of the ship, Zoe could smell the freshness of the ship, the fresh paint smell tickled her nose. Crew members stood aside as they walked and slammed to attention and saluted. Zoe felt so out of place but returned the salute. She felt like she didn't deserve this position, her nerves filled up inside her as the bridge doors approached them. As the doors opened, the full bridge filled Zoe's eye's with Joy. The bridge crew all stood up and turned to salute her, Zoe stood there in complete awe. Carl had continued to walk and took his place in from of his chair beside the captains. "Three cheers for the captain" shouted Carl, the bridge erupted with the sound of the cheers. A tear filled Zoe's eye, for the first time in a long time she felt love and welcomed. She approached her chair in the middle of the bridge and took her seat, the rest of the crew also took to their seats.

"Control, this is Blue Nova, requesting departure from space dock" said commander Murdoch, "Request granted Blue Nova, safe travels" replied the voice on the coms. The ship rumbled and vibrated as the four thrusters burst to life for the first time. Steam burst forth from the connectors as they started to retract from the new shinny steel hull of the Blue Nova. The Nova started to slowly drop away from the space dock, the lights from the decks shining bright. The bright blue flames glowed as bright as the heavens against the backdrop of the darkness of space. "All systems are good captain" said commander Murdoch. "All connections disengaged captain" said second engineer CFR-97, a robot designed to serve the Legion.

As the Blue Nova drifted down away from the space dock, the thrusters started to roar as it began pulling away from its birth. "Where too captain" asked Murdoch, Zoe turned her head to Carl and smiled. "Take us to the stars Mr. Murdoch" replied Zoe. She sat back into her captains chair, a smile came over her face. The Blue Nova started to move faster into the darkness of space, travelling away on its first voyage into the depth of space. To travel among the stars and to bring peace to other planets in the legion. But in the darkness something else awaits them. From the dark side of the moon, Red thrusters start to light up. The union has been their waiting to attack.