9

SLIPPING THROUGH MY FINGERS

・゚ NINE

cristinaivy

cristinaivy happy birthday bsf, i love you always 🩷🩷Comments

Comments

jessicakoa u are toooo special 😊

markestapa wholesome

trevorzegras happy bday Jess 😍
quinnhughes bro.

lhughes06 Jessie day

jackhughes Trevor has been looking at this forever
trevorzegras you are not a good wing man
quinnhughes no one is helping u with this

The large group of young adults set up the Hughes' backyard for their annual 4th of July party, plus Jessica's birthday. Even though Jessica loved to celebrate herself, she didn't want the party to be about her, she's said that since they were 14. " We're still getting you a cake, so don't even argue", Jack argued with Jessica who followed him, talking at him fastly.

" Who wouldn't want cake", Quinn said to Cristina, who just agreed and shrugged. The two stood outside, setting up the fireworks that were gonna be lit later that night. Even though Cristina didn't light them, she still offered to help set up.

Ethan and Luke entered the yard, loudly talking about something, causing both of them to laugh loudly. Quinn and Cristina looked at one another, raising their eyebrows at the two. " A bunch of the Michigan guys are coming down tonight for the party", Luke announced.

Cristina nodded, " Ok?", Quinn questioned. Luke rolled his eyes at his older brother, the younger girl giggling at the eldest Hughes. Quinn shrugged, " Why are you announcing that",

Luke shrugged, " Just letting you know. In case you saw them and were wondering",

Ethan nodded, " It'll be good. Everyone's excited",

" The excitement will be ruined once they realize they have to hangout with Jack all night", Cristina said, the middle Hughes walking over to them.

" Uncalled for, Cristina", Jack said shaking his head. The girl smiled at him before going back over to her own house, helping Jessie get ready for the night as well. "She's gone you can stop staring",

Luke looked at him weirdly, " I wasn't".

The three boys laughed at him, Ethan slapping his back. " You keep telling yourself that, Luke". All of them headed inside, Luke following closely behind. Even though him and Cristina established that they were friends, he still struggled to talk to her like he used to, like he used to before they began dating. He just felt awkward, since they had been closer than that, but had gone backwards because of his decision.

Cristina headed into her room, changing into a pair of light blue jean shorts and a red tube top. Jessica wore a pair of blue jean shorts as well, wearing a white tube top instead. Thankfully, Jessica didn't ask Cristina to curl her hair, deciding to leave it in the loose waves it was in naturally. Cristina's dark brown hair was already curled, since she had done it in the morning to occupy herself. Samantha came into her room, searching for her white top she had given the older girl a few days prior, " Did you check your closet?", the younger girl shaking her head. Cristina laughed, her younger sister sitting on her bed.

" So, how have things been with Luke?",

The older girl shrugged, " It's okay, why are you asking?",

Samantha shrugged, " It's weird not having him around all the time",

Cristina nodded, " Yeah I know. There is still like a month left, so we'll see how it goes",

Her younger sister left her room, Cristina finishing getting ready before heading to her best friends room. "A bunch of the freshman guys are coming too", Jessica announced. Cristina raised an eyebrow at her, " Maybe I'll find someone to hangout with for the night",

Cristina laughed at her friend who smiled, the two looking at the time. It was already 8:30, so they decided to head over to the Hughes to hangout for a little before people started to arrive. Jessica led them through the back door, four extra bodies being added to the group from before. " Cris, Jess, this is Adam, Luca and Rutger. They're freshman's on the hockey team", Luke introduced, " and you guys already know Mark".

The girls said hi, going into the kitchen to grab a snack from Ellen's always loaded pantry. Quinn entered the kitchen as well, stealing some of the snacks the girls were taking out. " Excited, Quinn?",

Quinn shrugged, Ethan entering with Trevor behind him. Quinn left to go back to the conversation happening in the living room, Ethan smiling at the two. " So Ethan, out of your four friends that have just gotten here, who has girlfriends. So I'm aware", Jessica asked, Cristina scoffing.

Ethan laughed, " Um everyone, except Luca", he said thinking about it, " Yeah, just Luca".

Jessica hummed, eating one of the pretzels from the bags. " Why are you wondering Jess?", Trevor asked

" Trev, we are never going to date. I am sorry", Jessica said laughing, Trevor pretending to be hurt before smiling and walking off.

——

A/n

Trevor will never give up 😊