16

SLIPPING THROUGH MY FINGERS

SIXTEEN

privtina

privtina first month of uni 👍🏻 Comments

Comments

zoeborm best drinks ever
privtina thank you, mark!

edwards.73 yay

jesspriv I love it here
privtina love our little life

jackhughes stay safe sista
trevorzegras are you deadass

Cristina and Jessie had finished their first month of university, and hadn't gotten into any trouble. To Jessie, that meant that Cristina still hadn't spoken to Luke. Her best friend was totally against talking to Luke the first month of university, and Cristina couldn't blame her. They had become pretty good friends with Ethan's girlfriend, Zoe, even though she was a year older than them. Cristina had told her about Luke and what happened, and the older girl suggested that she talked to him when she felt she was ready.

" Jess, it's been a month. I'm ready to talk to him. I see him all the time when we're out anyway, so",

Jessie sighed, " True. I think you should, so text him". The brunette nodded, getting her phone out to text the boy for the first time since they left the lake house.

iMessage

luke hughes

hey

u busy?

nope

why what's up

can we talk?

whenever ur free

sure

I can pick u up
in 20?

sounds good
READ AT 2:34 PM

Cristina put her phone down, letting out a nervous breath. " He'll be here in 20".

" Ok, good luck. I have to go to class. We'll talk when you get back".

Her best friend quickly left, Cristina putting on a pair of leggings and a white crewneck sweater. She was nervous, her hands feeling clammy. This was weird, she usually wasn't nervous when it came to Luke. Maybe it was because this conversation was actually important. Cristina wanted to know what he actually wanted, and if he would really be serious with her.

She got the ' here' text, walking out of her dorm and standing in the elevator. Luke's car was parked outside of the building, the windows fully tinted so she couldn't tell if he saw her or not. Cristina opened the door, the boy wearing a black hoodie and grey sweatpants, his curly hair still needing a haircut.

" Hey", she said as she sat down into the seat. At first she avoided looking over at him, finally turning to him.

Luke gave her a small smile, " How've you been?".

Cristina shrugged, " Okay, I guess", she paused, " Look, I'm trying to be like serious and still annoyed but not talking for a month has really sucked".

" I know, and it's my fault. I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say, but I'll prove it to you".

" I just want to know that you're serious, and it isn't gonna be some sort of joke", Cristina said, " I want to know what you want. What you want now, and what you want when you leave for jersey".

Luke turned fully to her, " I don't care what we are, as long as I have you. I'm gonna want you now, and I'm gonna want you when I leave. I know it for a fact that I will. You're all I talk about to my friends, to Jack, to Quinn. They're sick of hearing about you, and not actually seeing you. And I'm sick of talking about you without you actually being there".

Cristina smiled a bit, " I am too. But I don't want it to be the same as last time Luke. When we dated in highschool, it was different".

" It won't be. I'm fully yours, and I want this. Really really bad", he said, laughing at himself a bit.

The girl laughed, grabbing the boys hand softly. " So do I. I love you, so much".

" I love you too", Luke smiled. Cristina placed a soft but long kiss onto his lips, her hand holding the back of his neck. Even if they weren't dating, they would always say I love you. They have since they were little, so it was never out of the blue to say.

Luke was just glad to have his best friend back, and the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with back. He knew it wasn't gonna be easy, especially with him leaving, but he was ready to do whatever it takes to keep her as his forever.