18

SLIPPING THROUGH MY FINGERS

                                 ✧ EIGHTEEN

CRISTINA stood in her dorm room, Jessie trying to find something for her bestfriend to wear.

" You can wear my red corset top?", Jessica suggested.

The brunette nodded, grabbing it from her. The black skirt she wore complimented the shirt well, throwing on her air forces that she's worn to every party since coming to umich.

" You're so hot", Jessie smiled, " Luke is a lucky man".

" And Luca isn't?".

Jessica gasped, " Don't know who that is".

" Please!", Cristina laughed and threw her head back, " I do notice when you get home at 1 am after your classes".

Her best friend shrugged, the two leaving their room to start walking to the sophmore house.

When they arrived it was already packed, people filtering in and out.

" Hey Cris!", Zoe greeted, " Jessie!".

Zoe was Ethan's girlfriend, who welcome the two younger girls the first day of classes. They gave her quick hugs, following her inside.

" Luke has probably been waiting for you all night".

Cristina smiled at the blonde, Zoe winking at her as they headed into the kitchen.

Luca managed to steal Jessie when the two weren't looking, Cristina looking at Zoe and shrugging.

All of the girls that were somewhat involved with any guy on the hockey team were friends somehow. Mostly from the parties, but they also hung out on their own time. Cristina liked Zoe the most, even though she was a year older than her.

" Hey, Cris", Kaylee, Rutgers girlfriend smiled at her. Cristina smiled, the girl wandering off with one of her friends.

" Go find Luke!", Zoe encouraged as Ethan came beside her. " Ethan, tell her to go find Hughes".

Ethan laughed, " Jokes aside, go find Luke. We all know he hates parties, especially when they're about him".

" That is true", Cristina laughed.

Cristina walked through the house, finding Luke talking with two guys who she assumed were on the hockey team with him.

He noticed the girl, immediately leaving the conversation he was in.

" Having fun?", she said as she looked up at him.

Luke pressed his lips into a thin line, " Not really. What about you?".

She shrugged, looking around them. Everyone looked to be having a good time, so she wondered why her and Luke couldn't do the same.

" Wanna leave and get food?", she asked.

He basically yelled a ' yes' at her. Cristina laughed, first having to find Jessie to tell her she was leaving.

Of course she was with Luca, sending her best friend a quick thumbs up before returning to her conversation.

" I'm gonna freeze, I knew I shouldn't have listened to Jessie's outfit suggestions".

Luke chuckled, " Come up to my room. I'm sure you wouldn't mind borrowing some of my stuff".

" Obviously not, your clothes are my favourite clothes to wear", she said as she followed him.

Cristina grabbed a pair of grey sweats and one of his hoodies, quickly changing in his bathroom before dragging him out of the busy house.

" Well, you didn't dress up for your own party", she said, noticing his black sweatpants and hoodie.

He shrugged, " I was gonna force you to leave with me at some point. Didn't wanna waste laundry".

She laughed, a smile creeping onto his face as they walked to the pizza place.

Once they finished eating their food, they stood in the parking lot.

" Wanna come back to my dorm? You can spend the night if you want, the party will probably be awhile".

Luke looked over at her, " What about Jess?".

" What about Jess? What, are you trying to get in my pants or something Lukey?", she said as they walked.

" What! No, oh my god, no. I didn't mean it like that"-

Cristina laughed loudly and elbowed his side lightly,
" Jeez im just teasing you. I would rather you just say you were, that was almost insulting".

Luke sighed, " I would obviously do that with you any day. With consent, of course".

" That's enough, don't go all consent on me", she joked,
" We're way past that point, Lukey. We had sex in the back of my mom's car".

" Yeah, you're right", his face feeling hot as he remembered when they used to do things like that all the time.

She shrugged, " And, Jessie definitely isn't coming home tonight. Definitely spending the night with Fantilli".

" Oh, gross", Luke groaned.

Cristina smiled and shrugged, " Dont be jealous that he's getting some and you're not".

" Cris, we both know I could if I wanted to".

a/n

double update since I
ghosted u guys for a bit