No Class for the Wicked (So There's Class)

It's Friday, which means student attention is at an all-time low. Georgie glances around her business class trying to stay as engaged in the lesson as possible. Tiana is the best teacher in the school hands down—not only is she the owner of the most prestigious restaurant chain in Auradon, but she is also a business consultant to the crown because of how well she's managed her money and restaurants. She's somewhat of an idol to Georgie. But on the Friday of the first week of school, it's as if she forgotten how to pay attention. Jay sitting beside her is leaned all the way back in his chair taking up more room than Georgie thinks is possible for someone who's seated. Somehow, she managed to convince Jay to sit near the front of the class. Ben and Audrey are only a few rows over from them, and Ben shoots her an awkward smile. He still hasn't decided what to do about Audrey, which Georgie thinks is a good thing because she doesn't want him to rush anything or make any decisions on a whim.

"We've only got a few minutes until the bell so we're going to get a head start on next week. I want all of you to get into pairs," several of the students look at one another dramatically at her mention of picking pairs. "At the end of the month, each pair is going to present a pitch for a new product. The focus is on the marketing, so don't worry too much about re-inventing the wheel."

Chad can be heard saying, "Dang it," from the back of the classroom causing him to get more than a few side eyes.

"So, take the rest of the class to get into pairs, I know everyone's a little sleepy on their first week back. And if anyone doesn't have a partner, come up to me in the front and we'll find you somebody."

Naturally, Audrey is already clung onto Ben's arm. Poor Ben, thinks Georgie. If he breaks up with her in the middle of their project it's not going to turn out very well. Not to mention them having a project together is going to force Ben to spend more time with Audrey even though he wants space. Georgie turns the other way towards Jay. "Partners?"

Jay looks puzzled. "Won't I mess up your grades or something Student Council President?"

"On the contrary, I think you could come up with some pretty cool ideas, so if you think about it, I'm just using you for the grades," she says sarcastically.

Jay laughs. "Looks like I'm going to be carrying this team and the tourney team then." Georgie rolls her eyes but a smile still remains plastered on her face.

The two of them discuss some ideas until the lunch bell rings. Everyone in the class begins to pack up their stuff and trickle out. Jay goes to exit but Georgie catches up to him quickly, throwing her bag over her shoulder as she goes. "Hey, Jay, wait up!" He pauses for a moment to allow her to catch up. "Did you want to have lunch with me? Unless you have plans then I can go sit with Ben or something."

"I was going to go chat up the cheerleaders' table but I guess I could settle for you instead," teases Jay.

Georgie scoffs, pretending to be offended. "Keep dreaming."

"I will."

At lunch, Jay gets such an enormous helping of food that she can't help but wonder where it all goes or how he manages to eat that much in one sitting. They eat for a while, discussing what they think may be on the dinner menu that day. Jay shovels more food into his mouth but then raises a hand to wave at someone behind Georgie. She turns around to see that it's Aziz, the son of Jasmine and Aladdin. He's a senior, meaning that he's one year older than both Jay and Georgie. She feels heat rush to her cheeks. She doesn't have a crush-crush on Aziz per se, more like a hallway crush. "You know him?"

"Uh, dude, of course I do we're on the tourney team together—wait aren't you supposed to know like everyone around here Miss Student Body President?" Jay notices the colour on her cheeks. He leans into the table with a menacing look on his face. "Oh-h-h, you like him. That's why my irresistible charm didn't work on you."