Let's Get Down to Business Part 1

Monday mornings are always a sleepy day, and the looks on all the student's faces in Remedial Goodness 101 reflect that. All the students arrived a few minutes before the bell and are waiting for Fairy Godmother to start the class. Jay is practically falling asleep, Georgie can see his head bobbing with his arms crossed over his chest. To get his attention, she pokes him in the back with a pencil. Jay jumps in his seat but then turns his head.

"What are we going to do for our business project?"

Jay turns around fully in his seat to face Georgie and Carlos gives him a look of intrigue. "I have an idea. What if we make something that you can attach to your key and then track on an app? So you don't lose it again."

"As much as that feels like an insult, that's a great idea." But the reminder of her keys makes her think of when she last saw them. Did she take them out of the door this morning? Her eyes go wide and she starts to dig through her bag, but not fast enough apparently so she empties it all out onto her desk. Mal and Evie turn around at the clanking noise, wondering what in Auradon is going on.

But Georgie still can't seem to find her key. She hears chuckling and looks up to see Jay with a smug smile on his face. Georgie gives him a warning look. Did he...? Jay dangles the silver key in front of her face and she hastily snatches it back. "Very funny."

Georgie stuffs all of her things back into her backpack and takes her usual seat just as Fairy Godmother walks in. "Can I actually speak to you out in the hallway for a moment, Georgie?"

A chorus of oooo's ring through the classroom.

Fairy Godmother shakes her head, "She's not in trouble, I just need to tell her something privately."

Georgie nods and goes to get out of her seat with a concerned look on her face. Once she and Fairy Godmother are out in the hall and she's sure they're alone—Fairy Godmother double and triple checks there's no one lurking out in the hallway—she sighs and says, "A few nights ago there was a false alarm at the museum, but don't worry, it turned out to be nothing and nothing was taken."

But Georgie can't help but wonder why Fairy Godmother is telling her this. Or rather, what a possible break-in at the museum has to do with her—not to mention why she felt the need to pull her from the beginning of class to say it. "Right...so they checked the security cameras then?"

Fairy Godmother glances down at her lap awkwardly. "The guard on duty didn't have the recording mode on, he only had a live feed. So all the footage from that night is bibbidi-bobbidi bye-bye."

Of course, it was a stupid mistake that prevented them from being able to truly confirm if the alarm was false or not. Or it wasn't a stupid mistake, and whoever broke in was smart enough to delete the footage, which brings her to her next question, "Do you think someone could've gotten out while the barrier was down to get the transfer students out?"

The look on Fairy Godmother's face is telling, but she still tries to reassure her student. "We've found no evidence of any escapees so far. Your father asked me to personally tell you about this because he said he wanted you to be on your guard. No one else knows about this but the Royal Security Council, understood? They don't want to panic people if it's nothing."

What Georgie cannot understand is why—if it's supposedly nothing—she needs to be told so badly. She supposes she could talk to her father, but that is more of an in-person type of conversation. Georgie nods, agreeing that she won't tell anyone. She wants to hear from her father what he thinks is really going on, but that may have to wait a while. She'll bide her time until she finds the right moment to properly look into things. After all, everyone seems to think it's nothing; her father's note to be on alert is probably nothing more than an abundance of caution.