Pains: Both Royal and Shoulder

A sharp pain shoots through her shoulder and Georgie bolts awake on Saturday morning. She must've accidentally turned onto her left side in her sleep. She looks at the alarm which reads 6:00, way too early for her, especially on a weekend. She lays in bed for a moment, hoping that she can get back to sleep, but gives up as her shoulder throbs. It's sorer now than it was the day before.

Reluctantly, Georgie gets up—although quietly so as not to wake up Audrey—and takes a bottle of ibuprofen out of her medicine bag. She gives it a few minutes to kick in, but when it doesn't work, she gets dressed into some warmer and more comfortable clothes so that she can venture to the dining hall and ask them for some ice for her shoulder. She decides on a pair of leggings and a blue and yellow Auradon Prep fencing crewneck sweater—something nice and loose around her shoulder.

She begrudgingly closes the door as quietly as she can and crosses her arms over her chest as she walks through the dorm halls. No one in their right mind will be up at this hour on a weekend. Unsurprisingly, she does not run into anyone as she walks through the ornate wooden hallways, nor when she takes the cobblestone path towards the cafeteria.

Once in the cafeteria, she nearly thinks that it's closed until she sees a lunch lady she doesn't recognize preparing some of the meals. Her red hair is tucked into a hairnet as she lays out several of the buffet items. "Come in my darling, we're open."

Georgie reluctantly walks up to the lunch lady, once she gets closer, she can see that her tag says Nelly. She must be a new hire, thinks Georgie. "Do you think that I'd be able to get a bag of ice? It's for my shoulder."

"Yes of course dear, I can go into the back and fill a bag up for you." Nelly goes to walk back into the kitchen where the chefs are currently cooking more breakfast items en-masse. "What's your name again, dear?"

Georgie laughs sheepishly, how rude of her for not introducing herself. "Oh, I'm Georgie, I'm the Student Council President so you might be seeing a lot of me."

Nelly smiles back and disappears to get Georgie her ice. In the meantime, Georgie grabs a plate and piles on some eggs and a hash brown. Nelly comes back not too long after with an icepack and plops it onto Georgie's tray for her. Georgie thanks her for the ice and goes to find a seat in the sea of empty tables. She settles for something close to the windows and by the door so she won't feel as awkward if someone walks in and sees her sitting in the middle of the room.

She puts her tray down and grabs the icepack, putting it under her sweater so that it's held into place without the need of her other hand so that she can eat at the same time. She gets a few bites of food in before the cafeteria door opens and Chad of all people walks in.

He gives her a small wave and goes to get his food from the serving area. Georgie debates whether or not she should ask him to sit with her after the events of yesterday and the fact that he's now dating Audrey. Ultimately, she pats the seat across from her to show Chad that he can sit with her.

She isn't sure how he feels about it, but he walks over to her table with his tray and sits across from her. Luckily for her, Chad is the first one to speak. "What happened to your shoulder?"

"Oh, uh, I hurt it yesterday in practice," she lies. She doesn't want to tell Chad that his girlfriend is technically the one who did this to her and cause even more awkwardness and tension.

"Look, Georgie, things don't have to be weird between us—"

She breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness you brought it up because—"

"—all you have to do is stop hanging out with the VKs and things can go back to normal. Maybe even go back to how things were before high school."

Georgie feels her mouth fall agape for a moment. "I'm sorry, what?" Chad goes to repeat himself, but she holds up a hand to stop him. "How can you ask me to stop hanging out with them? Can't you see that you're the one being mean here Chad? Just give them a chance."