Let's Get Down to Business Part 2

Tuesday is a long day for Georgie, she had a student council meeting that morning, and another meeting at lunch with Fairy Godmother to make arrangements for the visiting tourney team from Sherwood High, but luckily she's made plans to hang out with Ben after school.

The bell rings and she waits for him at his locker. She flips through her phone as she waits for him, clutching her books to her chest.

"Bah!"

"Ah!" Georgie jumps and nearly drops all of her books at the sudden noise. Once she sees who it is however, her scared expression turns unamused. "Jay, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"That's too bad," he teases her. If Georgie wasn't in the middle of school with teachers lurking around she probably would've said something her parents wouldn't have approved of. Well maybe her dad would have. "Anyways, I know you're hanging with Ben tonight—he told me at practice this morning—but I have a question to ask you real quick."

Georgie rolls her eyes. "If you're asking me to put something into the players' food to give them food poisoning, I won't do it. Chad already asked me."

Whatever Jay was expecting, it wasn't that answer. "Chad asked you that?—Never mind. What I was going to ask you is what I should wear on a date tonight."

"Oooo a date. Who with? Was it one of the girls I suggested from History of Woodsmen and Pirates?"

Jay smiles only semi-smugly, an improvement if you were to ask Georgie. "Nope. Adriana from Internet Safety."

Of course Adriana would be into Jay, she's the type that loves suave and charm, so a very good match. But as to what he should wear? Georgie isn't sure. Clothing's never been her strong suit but she does know Adriana. "Hmm...she'll like the beanie so I'd keep with that...maybe wear your leather jacket too?"

Jay pumps his fist in the air. "That's what I was gonna pick!" Ben walks out of the main building and smiles when he sees his best friend and one of the VKs getting on so well. Jay notices Ben approaching and looks down at his watch. "Hey Ben, sorry dude I gotta go, I've got a date tonight." Jay goes to walk away but stops as he passes Ben and claps a hand on his shoulder. "Oh, and Georgie has a crush on Aziz."

Georgie's jaw goes slack and hangs open. That little... oh, she's going to get him back so good. Ben, however, is absolutely loving what he's just witnessed. "Is that true?"

"Just a little hallway crush. No big deal, Jay—Jay's just blowing it out of proportion. He's trying to set me up because I've been helping him direct his flirting in the right direction." Ben almost believes his friend's words; he really does. That is until Aziz comes up to the both of them with something in his hands.

"Hey, Georgie! Here's the prototype of the key tracker. Thought you might want to take a look at it," says Aziz cheerily. Ben can notice the faint pink on his friend's cheeks, Jay must be right. Jay's point only gets further proven when Georgie only gives a small thanks and says nothing else. "Anyways gotta go, see you around, Georgie, Ben." He nods at Ben and then throws his backpack over his shoulder and leaves.

Once Aziz is out of earshot, Ben turns to his friend accusingly. "Blowing things out of proportion, huh?"

Ben and Georgie decide to take the twenty-minute drive into Auradon City to get ice cream.  Georgie chose for herself a raspberry sorbet, meanwhile Ben picked a chocolate with brownie pieces in it. The two licked away at their cones, walking around and taking in the sights of the city that they've visited many times before. The ice cream shop is nestled into the wharf's cobblestone walkway, offering a spectacular view of the river that runs through the heart of the city.