goodbyes

The group gathered in the early morning to receive instructions from Shane, who was in charge of the group's communication plans.

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.s, we're going to be on channel 40," Shane says, making sure that everyone is paying attention. "Let's keep the chatter down, okay? If you have a problem or can't get a signal, don't have a C.B., or can't communicate in any way, hit your horn one time. That will stop the caravan. Is that clear?" Shane asks, making sure that everyone understands the instructions.

"We're not going," Morales says, shaking his head

"We have family in Birmingham," Morales' wife adds, speaking up after her husband's insistence that they not join the group. "We want to be with our people."

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back," Shane says,

"We'll take the chance. I gotta do what's best for my family," Morales responds,

"You sure about this?" he asks,

"We talked about it, we're sure," Morales says confidently, with a hint of resolution in his voice.

"All right, Shane," Rick says, turning to look at Shane.

Shane nods, acknowledging Rick's instructions.

Rick grabs a gun from his pack and hands it to Morales, who takes it gratefully. Shane also hands Morales a few rounds of ammunition, and Morales pockets them.

"Good luck, Morales," Rick says, wishing him well.
Morales nods,

"The box is half full," Shane says, trying to inspire hope in the group.

Daryl rolls his eyes, scoffing

Archie's eyes are locked on Morales,
"Good luck, man," Archie says, giving Morales a nod of support.

"Thanks," Morales replies, his smile widening just a bit.

Archie turns and walks over to Mellody who is sitting on the ground, deep in thought.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Archie asks, reaching out a hand to help her up.

"Where?" Mellody asks.

"Rick said it's called the CDC. He's trying to find a safe place," Archie explains,

He holds his hand out to her.

Archie runs over to the RV as Shane yells, "Dixon! It's time to go! You're with Dale!"

Dale is driving the RV, while Jacqui takes care of Jim, who is in pain, and Glenn is next to Dale.

Rick is driving a car with Lori by his side, while Carl and Sophia sit in the backseat. They are followed by Shane's car, T-Dog's car with Andrea, and Daryl's car with a motorcycle on it.

The group is all set to begin their journey to an unknown destination, but they all have one thing in common: They are determined to survive and find a safe place to call home.

the RV's radiator hose bursts, and the group realizes they may not make it to their destination.

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose," Dale says, looking frustrated. "I said I needed the one from the cube van."

"Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asks, but Dale shakes his head, indicating that it's too damaged to be fixed.

"Stay here," Archie says, walking down the steps.

"Well, this is fun," he scoffs, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"That's all it's been so far," Dale says, frustrated. "It's more duct tape than hose, and I'm out of duct tape."