𝟱

Pub
>

>>>–––– 💘 ––––<<<<

Ama pub'la namaku yenna vela?

( What kinda job we might have at a pub?)

Avi glanced back at Shakthi, who trailed behind him with a puzzled expression. They were walking from their car to the bar.

Bar'eh nambalodha dhan

( The bar itself is ours)

403 halted abruptly, his jaw falling open in astonishment. In his world, only the wealthiest cupids had their own bar counters, stocked with the finest and most expensive liquors. It was a world of excess, where a single bottle of alcohol could cost more than a lifetime's earnings. Determined not to lose sight of Avi, 403 jogged to catch up with the man who walked with an almost mechanical precision, his long strides proving difficult for 403 to match.

Actual'ah enaku oru kelvi

( I have a question for you.)

Yenna?

( What?)

Unga kitta exactly yevlo panam dhan iruku?

( Exactly how rich are you?)

Avi frowned, he quizically glanced at Shakthi,

Yen unaku theriyadha?

( Don't you know?)

However, Shakthi shook his head, which confused Avi even more. Avi had assumed that almost everyone he met knew their family's net worth and maybe a little about their undercover businesses. So, he found it hard to believe that a distant relative would have no idea. Taking a moment to contemplate, Avi eventually shook his head as well.

Enake therila

( I don't know either)

Therila ya?!

( You don't know?!)

403 felt a wave of panic wash over him. If he didn't know Avi's financial situation, how was he supposed to fulfill his mission to make him poor? How could he make Avi realize the value of love over comfort and ensure he fell in love to complete his assignment?

Frustrated and flustered, 403 stormed past Avi, his mood visibly sour. Avi furrowed his brow, taken aback by the sudden change in demeanor. With his hands shoved into his pockets, he watched Shakthi walk off, leaving Avi to ponder. Avi wasn't one to judge easily, but there was something undeniably odd about this newcomer.

403 was granted in after the bouncers received a nod from Avi who followed behind. As 403 entered the bar, his senses were immediately overwhelmed. The sights, the sounds, the smells—it was all so different from anything he had experienced before. He couldn't help but feel perturbed, even shocked, by the extravagant atmosphere surrounding him.

No slow music, no harpes, no opera lady, no chandelier, no heart shapes anywhere.

This was rock, jazz, disco lights, neon, swarms of people dancing and shouting, a random guy swiping some kinda of black disk on a table with neon lights.