Chapter 5: The Order's New Recruit

After a rather humiliating trip, X was brought to an abandoned warehouse. According to his savior, this was the base of the order.

X: I expected it to be nicer looking

???: (chuckles) We're working on it. Anyways, let's go inside.

Upon entering, X was greeted with what he expected to see. A large, empty, dirty warehouse. He also saw two other people walking out of the shadows.

Figure 1: Who's the princess ?

Figure 2: (reprimands figure 1) Don't make fun of him, he's hurt.

X forgetting he was still being princess carried asks to be put down. Being carried all the way here helped him recover a bit and he felt as though he could at least stand on his own two feet. His savior let him down and heads over to the people that just showed up.

???: I'd like you to meet my team. The rude one is Rudra, and the nice one is Mila.

Rudra: (looks at ??? with a scowl) Oy... you wanna get punched?

Mila: (Trying to hold Brock back) Stop it Brock, you're giving off a bad impression to the new recruit.

???: As you can see, we're a rather lively bunch. Don't worry though, you'll fit right in.

X: ... Umm, it must have been because of how hectic the situation was earlier today, but you haven't told me your name yet.

Rudra and Mila both pause and look at each other and then at ???. They then let out a big sigh.

Mila: (hint of anger in her voice) You didn't even tell him your name?

???: Oh... I didn't mention my name? Guess I forgot hahaha. I did tell him who we were though (smiles innocently).

Rudra: Hey newbie, you just followed this idiot whose name you didn't even know just because he asked?

X: ... I... I didn't really have a choice, I couldn't move and I needed help. He did save me so I thought I could at least trust him to not harm me.

Mila: (heads over to X and comforts him) It's ok you're not to blame. It's the idiot's fault.

???: Aww, Harmony, not you too. You're hurting my feelings...

Rudra: So are you gonna tell the newbie your name dumbass, or should I come up with a "nickname" for you?

???: Man...are the insults getting worse or what? (Clears his throat and faces X) Sorry about that newbie, let me introduce myself. I'm Vira.

X: Oh... um... nice to meet you I'm X.

Vira: (smiles brightly) Welcome to the team X. Like I said, you'll fit right in. Now that that's out the way, let's have a meeting to discuss things.

The team gathered around in the middle of the warehouse and got some empty containers to sit on. X just followed along and did the same. When everyone was seated, Vira explained to everyone what happened when he went to pick up X. He told Mila and Rudra about how the Illuminati goons found X and were trying to take him with them.

Mila: Really? So that's why he got hurt.

Rudra: Just like always, they're quick.

Vira: Yup. They have eyes and ears everywhere. It also seemed like X's prana was leaking out which they caught.

As the team continued talking, they mentioned things X was unaware of yet. Still, he listened hoping to get a better understanding of what he's dealing with and what he should be doing going forward. Soon enough, the conversation shifted focus back to X.