6 | bad dogs!

...

Scared of the way they'd reply, The (h/c) haired girl closed her phone for the rest of the day , too nervous to even peek at the groupchat. Y/N wasn't particulary fond of the way she looked. She wasn't insecure per se , it was more like a deeply rooted fear of people being distant because she might not fit their expectations from her. She slid into some comfortable clothes before going downstairs to make some food. The doorbell rang , causing her to put down the bowl she was about to make cereal in , and walk towards the door to open it.

"Penny did you really forge- Oh! Hey Haru."
"Just a hey after not hanging out for months.. man that's low..." The boy said as he ruffled her hair and walked inside. "Suit yourself." Y/N said as she resumed making her bowl of cereal. Haru sat down at the kitchen bar , staring at her.
"What's wrong? You look upset?"
"What are you on.. I'm not!"
His eyes met hers. A loud sigh escaped her lips before she sat down on the chair next to him.
"Ugh why are you so persistent! How do you even notice when something is wrong."
"We've been friends for ages how could I not?"
Y/N chuckled. Haru was right. No matter how good she was at hiding how she felt , he would always know. "Where's Penny?" He asked.
"Out with Cyrus." "Ah yes how could I forget. It's their anniversary today , isn't it?" "Yep."

The two sat in silence for a bit , the occasional crunching on cereal breaking it ever so often.
After she finished her bowl , Y/N washed the dishes and sat down on the couch with Haru. Felony decided to join in , happily curling into a ball on his lap.

"It's not fair! He always prefers you when you come over." "Obviously when I'm the better one of us two." "Shut up!"

Just as she forgot about her face reveal , the sound of phone notifications filled the room.
"Since when are you so popular?" The boy asked , laughing sheepishly at the girl who was struggling to turn them off.
"Is this what got you all sad?"
"Uhm.. yes? I mean no!"
"Sure. Start talking already."

Y/N rolled her eyes as she put her phone back on the small coffee table next to the couch.
"Fine. Promise me you won't laugh?"
"Promise."
And so , the girl explained the whole situation to her friend , making sure to include every single detail she could think of. After she finished , Haru was simply dumbfounded , staring at her without uttering a single word.
"Come on say something , you're making this awkward!"
"You're telling me you befriended a bunch of football players and they're from BLUE LOCK??"
"What about it?"
"Do you know how famous Blue Lock is around Japan?"
"No...."
"You're an idiot , you know that right?"
"Listen I don't know! I like football yes but..."
"Correction. You like staring at Aiku Oliver playing football."
"Can you blame me????"
"Definitely not. Go on. What did they do to upset you?"