12 | jellyfish

...

As Y/N looked around the kitchen to figure out what she would make for dinner , she noticed how sunny it was outside. These past weeks the weather had been absolutely awful. Every time she walked back from school she'd be caught up in the rain. It was almost as if the clouds were mocking her at this point.

"I guess a trip to the convenience store wouldn't hurt with weather like this."

The store was closeby , only a 5 minute trip. It wasn't busy today , and the walk towards it was surprisingly quiet. The soft chirping of the birds and the spring breeze were nothing but pleasant.

"Oh Y/N , my dear! I haven't seen you in a while."
An elderly woman with her hair in a braid walked up to the girl , squeezing her hand ever so gently
"Hello Mrs. Sato. How have you been?"
She smiled brightly as she walked inside the convenience store , still holding her hand.
"I've been alright. My husband and I just came back from a trip to sea. It was very nice. What about you dear?"
"School has been kind of tiring. Other than that I've been great."
The woman let go of her hand as she asked Y/N to follow her. Mrs. Sato lead her towards a door which led to her small office and opened it. A package of strawberries was on the desk.
"These are for you. My grandson picked them out himself."

The (h/c) haired girl took the little package in her hands and offered the lady another smile.
"What a sweet kid."
"Whenever you find the time , you should visit him again. He has been bugging his mother to go out of town so you can babysit him."
Y/N nodded. "Will do."
Mrs. Sato's phone went off. With one last wave she walked into her office and closed the doors behind her. As she walked off , she carefully stored the strawberries in her bag and looked around the store.

The girl was so lost in thoughts , that she didn't notice the boy in front of her. This resulted in her bumping into him and losing her balance. As she was about to fall a pair of arms wrapped around her waist , keeping her steady.
"You 'lright?" He asked.
Her cheeks flushed red from embarrassment as she nodded , taking a step back.
"Yes, thank you. I apologize for bumping into you."
"T'is okay." He replied.
Y/N finally looked up and her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. The boy was tall , with pale skin and big purple eyes. His brown hair was slightly messy and had some grown out purple-ish highlights. He had a rather uncanny smile playing on his lips.
"You know it is considered rude to stare?" his tone somewhat mocking her