Mk1 Shang Tsung: Decisions Made

Requested by: reesescup10

Silence. You hated the silence that beat into your ears with little to fight it, the empty room caused you much more disdain, however. Shang Tsung, the man responsible for your captivity, had already killed your family, leaving only you and your brother. Syzoth, your brother served him, doing his dirty work, his reason for keeping you alive eluded you, you had only assumed he had his own vile reasoning.

Dreams of escape had since fled your now hopeless mind, the only break from had been when your captor had allowed your brother to visit you. Syzoth's kind eyes marched his heart, always making you feel better about your otherwise glum circumstances.

This day was different, though, you could just tell. A feeling of unease that nibbled at the back of your mind, the air had a slight chill that made goosebumps cover your skin. It wasn't until a brisk knock on the door grabbed your attention, jumping from the sound as the door quietly creaked open.

Green eyes peeked through as your brother stuck his head into the room, “The sorcerer wishes to speak to you..” He said unsure of his reasons.

“What? Why?”

“I…. Don't know… I've been commanded to bring you to him, though.” Fear oozed from your brother and as though the feeling was contagious, your heartbeat picked up as well.

Your fear was strong, even so you followed your brother, both of you fearing the worst. He led you to a gorgeous room filled with stone and lush plants, the white stone walls glistening with the sun that shone through the open arched windows.

The fear melted from your body as you took in the beautiful sight, you had been locked in that cell for far too long. A cold hand settled on your shoulder, drawing you from your thoughts as your brother nudged his head over to where Shang Tsung sat on a large throne.

The sorcerer smiled down at you, “Thank you, Syzoth, you may leave.”

The sense of wonder dropped from under you, “No-! …No, please, don't leave me alone with him, brother.”

Your pleading was whispered although your initial outburst had given the sorcerer enough context. Shang Tsung's eyes were trained on syzoth, harsh and wicked, your brother flinched away from the stare, “I'm sorry. Truly, I am.”

He embraced you, hugging you tightly, before turning to leave. Standing alone in the direct line of sight for the powerful sorcerer, made you shrink, you felt tiny and powerless. His wicked smile had shifted when you came into view, no longer as wicked as when he stared down at your brother it was replaced by a cocky smirk.

“Ah, hello, darling.” He greeted, sitting forward in his seat, “I have a proposition for you… One you can't refuse.”

He stood to his feet, taking slow steps to you, fear overtook your mind, your heart pounded inside of your chest as you feared the worst. 
The closer the sorcerer got the more nervous you became, your mind racing, his painted on smile making dread fill your heart.

Soon he stood directly in front of you, towering over you as he looked down, still smiling that sinister simper. A hand found your own, slowly lifting your knuckles to his lips, “I have heard of the hard life you've lived. Outcasted by those who called themselves your family, all because you looked different…”

He placed a small kiss to the back of your hand, eyes glanced over into your own, “I admire how innocent you've stayed through it all, I can give you the power to make those you have hurt you pay dearly.”

You slowly withdrew your hand from the sorcerer's, now confused you asked, “What do you mean?”

“If you'll stand at my side we can show those zataran's that mocked y-”