Chapter 426

Back in Bri's office, the room stays still as we take in the news about dungeons being found in the forest region where the Green Ridge Lookout used to be.

My eyes open wide, and so do Bri's; we turn to meet each other's gazes. I'm the first to whisper under my breath.

"No way..."

Silence looms in the room for another few seconds before Bri responds to her assistant.

"Thank you very much, Bernard. This is valuable info, and I appreciate the good job in closing up the shop today too. You're dismissed for the night."

He bows and replies before walking down the stairs.

"Thank you, Ms. Briana, have a good night. I'll see you when we open tomorrow."

As he leaves, I put up my Hush barrier again, and Bri speaks in a curious tone.

"That cursed item you set off seems to do a bit more than just collapse dungeons and blow up mountains."

She raises an eyebrow and continues.

"I'm sure the Association is all over the blast site by now if our D-Grade informant has already sent in the news. Elites must be on the scene; I'd love to check it out, but there's no way I'm getting by without being seen or sensed now."

I think about what has happened in my mind's eye, picturing all of the concentrated energy from within the dungeon erupting from the wind stone just a few hours ago.

Usually, when a dungeon collapses, it just disappears into thin air or slowly lets out its energy in the form of overleveled monsters. The uniqueness of this collapse was the fact that all the energy from within the dungeon left in an instant, and in a stable form.

When it was inevitably released and dispersed in the blast, it must have naturally settled back together in dense points to form new dungeons.

However, I've never heard of anyone forming a dungeon with just dense pockets of mana. If it was that easy, then I'm sure bigger organizations and countries would be making new dungeons left and right. There must be a unique factor about the way I collapsed this dungeon that created new ones.

Deep in thought, unconsciously covering my temples with my index and middle fingers to think deeper into the issue, I finally perk back up and respond to Bri.

"You're right. You'll probably be spotted if you go and check things out, but I need to know what happened out there... Depending on what results I may find will conclude whether or not I decide to do this test again."

A grin creeps across my face as Bri responds hastily.

"Not around here you won't! We were lucky that first blast wasn't bigger or faster than it already was. Even by a magnitude of 2 times larger, and we could have been in serious trouble. That was a one-time thing; don't go blowing up the city for your own amusement."

"Yeah I know. If I ever do it again I'll go out in the open desert of the Dark Continent or something similar, don't worry."

She lets out a sigh and sits back in her chair while I lay back down on the couch in the middle of the room.

Then, speak up after about 2 seconds of silence.

"I am going to go check it out though."

She responds while standing up from her desk.

"Oh I know, just be careful out there. Promise me you won't get into any extra trouble before we even start our business together."

"I'm just taking a quick look. I'll be completely concealed, I won't let anyone even know I was there."