Chapter 490

The Dark Guard shreds the rest of its armor, revealing a dark grey-skinned man standing over 3 meters tall with considerable muscle mass, staring across the battlefield with four green eyes, each labeled with an orange glowing number [1].

Even underneath the black armor, this monster wears skin-tight silver plating on its chest, arms, and legs; but its bulging muscles and veins are hardly restrained by it.

A dangerous aura radiates through the air, and even without my inspect skill telling me there are four ratings on this being, it already feels like there is more than one monster containing the mind that is sending mental attacks our way.

Its entire body radiates a dark grey energy, and the silver armor left on it glows orange just like the numbers in its eyes.

The light around it grows brighter and brighter until it engulfs its whole body.

Meanwhile, Maria and Ember float upward. Ember speaks up, turning back to me.

"It will be a tough fight, but we can handle this. Your main body's power is growing steadily, I can feel my own power being gradually unlocked as it does. However, I cannot sense the Dark One's presence anywhere, I do not know when it will strike. We need you here before it does."

I nod, looking up to the sky where I know my double and Luna are watching, but I don't give them any signs to open my capsule yet. If Ember and Maria can handle this creature on their own, every extra minute they can hold it off is just under another hour my main body gets to gather power.

"Understood."

Ember pulses red, grins, and turns back toward the guard.

"You don't have to worry about me, I'll win."

Maria's Soul Energy grows denser and bluer around her too, and she looks back at me.

"We've got this."

I clasp my hands and nod back to her with a relaxed expression.

"I know. Show me what you've got."

In the same moment, I open up a telepathy channel for all three of us, so that we can easily communicate moving forward.

She smiles, and the Soul Energy around her glows even brighter when she turns her back to me.

Both of them speed forward in the sky toward the large mass of glowing soul energy where the Dark Guard stood moments ago.

It looks as if it's shifting and deforming.

The glow becomes much wider, and using my inspect skill, I can see that the [Lv. 2588] that hovers over each one of its eyes is getting further apart.

The glow becomes many times larger than its original form, but finally fades and reveals quite the sight behind when it disappears.

There are four men that look exactly the same as the guard that stood there before. Their skin is dark grey, their heads are bald, their muscles are bulging, and their silver armor still hums with an orange light around it.

However, there are two key differences in each of them.

The first is that each body only has one eye in the center of its forehead. They've separated into cyclops creatures, and all share the same energy output as their original body did moments ago.

The second difference is their weapons.

They each carry very unique artifacts that seem to be made of the same metallic material, and glowing orange with the Lich King's soul energy.

Far on the left, the first creature holds an enormous spiked club. Next to it, the cyclops to its side has metal fixtures on its hands that appear to be some kind of cannons.