Chapter 472

"Let me handle this... Dumb bird..." is the only thing I hear as the same silver arm that blocked my attack punches the brown bird in the underbelly.

Its wind magic attacks all disappear in an instant, and it goes flying high into the air without even having to flap its wings. It isn't killed, but definitely knocked unconscious in a single blow.

I jump backward and go on the defensive immediately, scanning the figure in front of me, but hardly believe what I see when a [Lv. 1894] appears on its status along with the [Curse of The Lich King] buff and nothing else.

I get a good look at the Guard, and its figure starts to look less and less human to me the more I examine it.

With three horns coming out of its forehead, shimmering silver skin, athletic striated muscles, and eyes that stare directly through my soul as if this creature has been living for a million years.

The pupils and irises are both jet black, while the outer edges that are usually white are a dull, matte silver, a few shades darker than its skin.

Whatever this creature is, it is far from human.

The silver aura that surrounds its body is dreadful. It feels colder than ice, but looks like a constant stream of evaporating metal particles coming off its body.

It makes a motion as if it were about to step forward in the air, but before its foot even completes a full stride, a silver flash of light fills my vision and it's right in front of me, staring me in the eyes less than half a meter from my face.

"Fight me. I was told you are a strong one, I hope that attack was not the full extent of your power."

The creature doesn't strike me even though it's clearly within range; it just stares into my eyes with a lifeless gaze and waits for me to answer.

I use this opportunity to continue my motion backward, placing my daggers on my waist and pulling out my fire-imbued sword while swallowing a Qi pill to restore the half of my core that was used up in my last attack.

I concentrate my Qi into my blade and use the excess in my barrier to only cover my vital organs with the maximum density possible. The rest of my body is still covered at 75% strength, but considering my opponent's speed and power, it feels necessary to defend for any potential lethal strikes.

It steps forward again, and it takes most of my perception skill, purely focused on its movements, to watch the silver flash come closer. Its right hand glows brighter silver and a long spear appears that looks like bubbling metal being summoned from seemingly nowhere.

It lunges forward with the silver spear and throws a basic attack straight at my heart.

Its eyes are locked on the target, and it moves with absolute confidence.

No matter the direction I move, it will surely follow, and given the time I have until it makes impact, the only thing I can do is block.

I grit my teeth and focus everything I have into my swordsmanship skill, letting Qi flow through my hands into the blade while glowing brightly with all my buffs.

I airstep sharply to turn my body in the same direction I swing my sword, and it collides with the sharp edge of the spear.

Silver soul energy reacts with the plumes of Qi that erupt from my sword, and for a moment both of us are stood perfectly still in the air as if we're evenly matched.

However, the silver figure pushes forward with unyielding force, consistently pressing on without a single change in its expression or soul energy released whatsoever. My own power is fluctuating greatly as I continue to push its limits and fend off the attack aimed to end my life.