Chapter 429

The conversation winds down and basically settles on the fact that we have to go out to the Sector 2 region to make any more progress.

Abby and Maria are tired out from their training in the Arena, so they head back down to the Isolation Pods to rest until morning. As they leave, I send a telepathy message to both of them, asking to get Monk to offer more Qi pills for all of us to train with; but the condition being I won't be coming back to meet with him in the monastery.

If they want to learn my quick Qi capacity advancement method, they'll either have to come back to the Galeheart tower where our powers are concealed or somewhere very far away from the city.

I have an idea that I believe will simulate the environment of the Titan's Domain, boosting the cultivation time of my teammates, but it still needs some testing. The Isolation pods in this building are a key component of my plan.

Abby and Maria leave through the elevator doors, and both Fisher and Lydia are the next two to stand from their seats. Fisher is the one that talks first.

"Well, we've given you the map and all the information we can on Sector 2 so far. We'd be happy to tag along, but after 2 weeks of exploration, even a full day's worth of time in those isolation pods isn't enough of a rest."

He turns to me, then to Lith, then back to Lydia.

"How about giving us a day off? I just want to enjoy the city for a little bit. We've been hiding around in dark warehouses and dirty dungeons for as long as I can remember. Plus, it should take almost a week for us to get back out there anyway. We need to stock up on food and gear in the morning, right? What's the harm in waiting a day?"

I shrug, and Lith gives a similar reaction. I give the response.

"Fine by me. However, I think I can get out there a bit faster if I go alone. Take tomorrow off and enjoy the luxuries of this city, you earned it. Thank you for the valuable information."

Lydia points down at one of the maps showing the border between Sector 1 and 2.

"Suit yourself. If you find a faster travel path, that would make our life a whole lot easier. Though, if you just want to use the route we took, just trek straight this way, you can't miss it. But it's not like there are any teleport points out there, so travel time can only be shortened so much when moving in a straight line."

I nod as the two of them start to turn to leave.

"I know. I just may be able to find a faster way, you never know."

After Lydia and Fisher both leave the room, only Lith and Arie are left here.

The archer speaks up.

"I'll go with you."

Our telepathic link is still open, so Arie comments again right after without Lith listening.

"I assume you'll be using your teleportation skill once you find a dungeon out there to make an easy access point."

I nod and reply through the link.

"Yes. I believe it would be faster for you to stay behind as well. From the distances shown on these maps, I can make it to this place at full speed in just a few hours. I can come back and bring you after I make a teleport point."

I think to myself, picturing Ember's top flying speed if we just soar high above the sky. Then, reply out loud.

"You look exhausted from training. Maybe a break would be better for you too. Have you tried the isolation pods yet? If Abby and Maria still haven't gone in, I'm sure they could show you how they work."