My backstory

Book written by Jocabeth Sein Velez

Lana Maria Garcia

age: 17

She's and orphan, she was found in the streets of Mexico after her dad died when she was only 12 years old , her dad told her that she was a powerful woman that didn't let people break her, he always influenced her daughter to be independent and that she needed no men to live and be successful.

"Peanut, never let anybody hurt you or break your heart, be independent and build your own lifestyle, i will be watching you from heaven succeed and i will always be with you and support you" that was her dad's last words before he died.

you also may be asking yourself 'why did he die and how?' well, his dad was an alcoholic and he owed a very powerful men money, were talking about 10,000 thousand dollars , they told him that if he didn't pay in 2 weeks consequences would come. And that's exactly what what came when he didn't have enough money to pay up , he got shot in the stomach multiple times, he tried to hide but its was a group of 8 men making it easier to find him.

Lana's mom, Jasmine Williams, left her and her dad when she was only 4 years old because her dad would abuse her and Lana when he was drunk, Lana cried and thought it was very selfish of her to leave her with her abusive violent dad alone, she didn't hate her dad but she hated what he did to her when she was younger, when he got really drunk he would abuse her, he would lock her inside his closet after beating her up, sometimes she would stay there for hours and she would sleep all night, in the morning her dad would take her out of the closet and beg her to forgive him "i was really drunk im so sorry peanut" he would say in the verge of tears.

When her dad died she got sent to foster care when they found her in the streets, cold, dirty, tired, hungry and she has lived there for 6 years.