Lucky

It's been a few weeks since Perks kids threw grease on me. I played that day over and over in my head. Wondering what I did so wrong to these girls that they wanted me dead.

"Mama it's time to change your bandages." Perk said. Without a word I turned on my stomach and let him change my bandages. It use to hurt when he changed out my bandages but now I guess I was numb to the pain. It took him a while but when he was done I pulled my shirt over my head and laid back down.

         Even though his kids hating me bothered me for a while I think what bothered me most was he sent his kids away. I voiced that on many occasions. I was some new girl and even though the kids were in the wrong most of the time. Why send them away. Shit at first part of me didn't believe Emerald did it on purpose till Perk showed me the video.

"You still not talking to me?" He asked.

"I told you how I feel and you ignored it. I told you I can go till you get everything together." I said.

"And I told you that's not an option. Trust me my mom will have them singing a whole other tune when they get back." He said.

"Still not right if you ask me." I said.

"Good thing nobody was fucking asking you." He snapped at me.

"You aint gotta snap at me." I snapped looking at him.

"You're right my bad. Let's take a trip." He said.

"What? To where?" I asked.

"Anywhere. Let's just get out of this house." He said.

"Fine. I always wanted to visit texas." I shrugged.

"Big mama you not with some lame thing bigger. Fuck it I'll book the flight just get ready." He said.