Chapter 4 - First Date

On Sunday, Mai and Minato agreed to meet at the station. Minato didn't know their destination, only having the message Mai had sent to go by:

"Date Request
This Saturday
Meet me at Motosumiyoshi Station at 9 AM
Wear clothes comfortable for walking. I'll introduce you to someone who reminds me of you. The trains should cost 430 yen each way.
Do you approve?"

Minato had arrived early. When she saw Mai enter the station, she excitedly ran up to her.

"Ah, Hyoujou-san! Good morning!"

Mai wore a sleek outfit. Walking shoes, pants, a tight shirt, and a light jacket. Minato went in a more cute direction, wearing a skirt and frilly top with a wide-brimmed hat to keep the sun away.

Mai glanced over Minato's attire. "Did you wait long?"

"I was excited so I came early."

Mai nodded, making a mental note to arrive five minutes before the time she stated in the future. "We'll take the limited express bound for Kotesashi."

"Lead the way," Minato chimed.

As Mai walked through the turnstiles, Minato glanced at the display. It showed the remaining balance on Mai's card, thirteen thousand yen.

"So you're the type to put a whole bunch on your card at once," Minato said.

"It's inconvenient to charge it frequently."

"I don't think I've ever had a balance over five thousand. I might wanna use that money somewhere that doesn't accept IC cards."

Mai turned her head and looked at Minato for a few seconds before continuing on.

On the train, they couldn't talk due to politeness concerns. It was a little crowded, which gave Minato an excuse to lean against Mai.

After about fifteen minutes, Mai whispered, "We're getting off here."

"Harajuku, huh?" Minato said, glancing around once they got off the train.

"It's not our final destination. We have to go to the Chiyoda Line now."

"Ah, okay!"

After another short train ride, they exited at the Yoyogi Park station. Mai led Minato in the opposite direction of the park, increasing the girl's curiosity. Minato took the opportunity to hold Mai's hand, now that there weren't as many people around.

They walked for a few minutes, then Mai looked conflicted.

"Wait here for a bit. There's a vending machine there, you can get a drink if you think you'll need one."

"Okay, I'll be here!"

Minato turned her attention to the drinks while Mai continued on. She figured a sports drink would be most appropriate and purchased one, slipping it into her bag.

She glanced around curiously, wondering where they were. Most of the buildings surrounding her were apartment buildings, which made sense if they'd be meeting someone else. Across the road, she saw a convenience store, which really didn't narrow anything down.

Minato had to wonder about a date involving getting introduced to someone else. Shouldn't a date be between just two people? Perhaps Mai simply didn't fully feel comfortable being alone with Minato yet.

Soon, Mai returned. "Inui-san, meet Violet."

Minato turned around and her mind went blank temporarily. Mai walked with a leashed, excited golden retriever.

"Ah, a doggy!" Minato ran forward, then hesitated. "Can I pet her?"

"Yes. She's not a service dog."

Minato crouched down and rubbed the dog's neck with both hands, grinning. "Where'd you come from?"

Business Relationshipजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें