Chapter Five

Chapter Five
Time of Death

**The adrenaline was pumping through Phoebe's veins

**
The adrenaline was pumping through Phoebe's veins. The moment she was waiting for all year was here. Her final soccer game as captain of the UCLA soccer team.

Phoebe was dressed in their signature home uniform, with the prominent 'captain' armband around her bicep. She couldn't help but feel nerves as she stepped onto the field.

As cliche as it sounded it felt like every sport movie she watched growing up. Bright stadium lights, crowds in the stands. It was adrenaline inducing. She could see her mother, Lucy, Jackson, and Tim watching from the stands. What made her more nervous was Tim being there. She didn't think he was actually going to follow through and come.

Phoebe looked back Infront of her focusing on the players. Once the whistle blew it was game on.

*
The game was tied. Phoebe had two goals on the board. Tim watched from the stands. He debated with himself this morning. He didn't know if it was appropriate to go. But, he wanted to support Phoebe. He watched as Phoebe took off down the field with ball in between her feet.

He started to cheer as she inched closer to the goal line. He stood up his hands near his face as he watched her get tackled to the ground. Tim looked over feeling a sense of worry as he watched her fall down.

Phoebe stood up as everyone cheered at the penalty being given. She looked over at the time seeing 30 seconds on the clock. She had to score this goal for the game to be over.

She closed her eyes briefly as she took in a deep breath to settle her anxiety, and block out the sound. Once she opened them she took a couple steps back before running to the ball, and hitting it in the back of the net.

Phoebe cheered as she ran over to her teammates. The game was over, she had won her final college game.

Phoebe immediately spotted her mother, and her friends. Her eyes locked onto Tim as she walked up to them. Her trophy in her arms.

Zoe immediately hugged her daughter with pride. She was so happy for her daughter. It honestly was a different experience for Lucy, and Jackson to see the captain so happy "Honey, I'm so proud of you" she says. She smiles and thanks her mom.

She looks over at Lucy and Jackson thanking them for attending her game. Leaving Tim standing to the side waiting for acknowledgement.

She walks over to him with a smirk "I didn't think  you were gonna show" she says. Tim rolls his eyes glancing at the sweaty girl "You did good out there. You have a real talent" he compliments her.