Chapter One

As I am sitting in my office I immediately perk up at the sound of Adam slamming my door open as Lute follows behind him.

I raise an eyebrow at him as he walks further inside making himself comfortable.

"Is there a specific reason why you barged into my office Adam?" I ask as my wings flutter slightly.

Adam laughs as he takes a seat while Lute stays standing behind him.

He then crosses his arms, leaning against the back of the chair. "I just wanted to pay you a visit, that's all. To catch your lovely self up with what's been going on in the realm."

I sigh, fixing the paperwork in front of me into a neater stack. "Go on then. I don't have all day to entertain you unfortunately."

"Oh, I know you don't, especially not with this new mission I'm about to give you."

I glance at Lute but she stays stoic and emotionless. "New mission?" I question as my eyes drift back to him.

Adam nods "Oh yeah, this one is going to be a doozy for you I'm sure." He pauses for a moment making sure I absorb what he just said before continuing.

"Y'know Lucifer's girl? Well she's becoming a pain in the ass trying to "rehabilitate sinners so they get redeemed into Heaven" blah blah blah." He says mocking her voice I assume.

I lean back against my chair as I cross my arms. "And why does any of that involve me?" I ask, causing him to respond almost instantly.

"Well you're going to go down there, see what she's up to and report back to me." I glare at him. There are so many reasons this plan is stupid, and not just because he came up with it.

First, I would stick out like a sore thumb. An Angel in Hell, walking around in Hell. That's just laughable.

Second, I honestly just don't want to be involved with any of the Morningstars. It's bad enough I see Lilith from time to time.

I haven't seen or spoken to Lucifer in centuries and I'm not about to start now. Especially if that means I have to get involved with his daughter first.

"And why should I do this "mission" for you. You do realize we work together, I don't work under you." I say trying to bite back a growing attitude.

"I want to know if we'll actually have to go down there and handle it or if her little plan will just backfire really bad. I'm hoping for the latter personally." He laughs as he finishes speaking.

I begin to tap my fingers against my arm as I huff out. "And if I say no to your little request? Then what?"

I sigh. "She would be a horrible pick for this type of mission." I reply before quickly darting my eyes towards her muttering a quick apology.

"It's quite alright I agree with you." Lute says keeping the same blank expression on her face.

Adam chuckles as he notices my exchange with Lute. He had not realized how close Lute and I were I guess.

"I'll be sure to let her know that you think she's just horrible for anything." He says in a mockingly sarcastic tone.

I flip him off with no hesitation causing Lute to crack a small grin. "I better get something out of this if I have to go all the way down there."

"The satisfaction of knowing you helped take down a bunch of sinners should be enough, don't you think?" He replies, amused with my interaction towards him.

I just give him a blank stare in response. "What? Not going to be all, "Oh, that makes perfect sense I'm on it Adam!"" He mocks me in a high-pitched voice.

"Ha ha." I say glaring at him. "Oh, good you laughed." Adam chuckles as he stands up from his seat. "I know you're not going to say no because in the end you'll make an offer for what you want and I'll happily agree."

"So I can make any request after this mission is over and you'll agree to it?" I ask, confirming what he just said.

"Within reason, yeah." He replies, not realizing how screwed he just made himself out to be.

I hum in acknowledgment as I start to smile. "Alright then, it's a deal."
I say stretching out my hand.

Adam rolls his eyes but accepts my handshake with a smirk on his face. "I can't wait to see what crazy request you come up with."

"Oh I can't wait either." I say as my smile grows. "When am I going down there? I still have paperwork to finish up." I gesture to the pile in front of me.

"You know what, I'm feeling generous. Get your work done here and I'll give you sometime to prepare." He says waving his hand in a shoo motion. "Just make sure to be ready whenever I come back to check on you."

I roll my eyes as he starts to walk out of my office with Lute following him behind. "Give me at least two hours." I call out as he gives me a thumbs up before completing walking out.

Lute mouths a "Good luck" before she closes my office door to continue to follow Adam.

As I'm left alone I return to my stack of unfinished paperwork, taking in a deep breath before I start working to finish it all off.

Within the hour all of my paperwork is neatly organized and filed away.

I look at my clock on the wall realizing that I still have just under an hour left to prepare for the mission.

I sigh as I place my head in my hands. "Why did I agree to this?" I mumble out. I can easily conceal my wings and halo with a simple spell but if I run into Lucifer I'm absolutely screwed.

I stare at the clock as it ticks down, a slight frown appears on my face. The realization of what I've just signed up for starts to set in.

"This is the dumbest plan I've ever been apart of, and I've been apart of many dumb plans."

I stare at the clock, as I now see that I only have fifteen minutes remaining.

My frown becomes deeper, my mind racing trying to find a way out of this situation.

I shake my head before standing up and starting to pace around the room, getting out some of my growing anxiety.

All too soon I sense a presence outside of my office and I immediately stop pacing knowing it's Adam.

He opens the door causing me to sigh. "You ready to go?" Adam asks with a sly grin.

I sigh "I guess I can call myself ready. But I want you to know that I only agreed to this because I know you'll make my life difficult if I don't, not because I wanted to do this." I reply back with a hint of attitude.

"Yeah yeah quit your yapping." He says waving me off. "Conceal your wings and halo before I open the portal up."

"Conceal your wings and halo." I mock him, still holding a bit of attitude. He just flips me off in response.

I close my eyes then call upon a simple incantation which quickly conceals both of my wings and halo before opening my eyes to look at him.

"Alright I'm all ready." I say sarcastically. He rolls his eyes before summoning a portal to Hell for me to walk through.

"See you later I guess." I say right before I walk into the portal.

The next thing I'm greeted by is a red-tinted city and the feeling of the portal closing behind me.

I take a moment to absorb my surroundings before I notice the Hazbin Hotel in the near distance. "It's now or never I guess."