Chapter Six

As I'm sitting in my room I sigh as I know I need to be heading back to Heaven soon to prepare for the meeting.

A mix of emotions is flooding through me. I'm confused and frustrated, with a hint of sadness.

I can't help but feel frustrated at myself for my feelings for Lucifer coming back and those feelings are confusing me as well. We were separated years ago. I didn't expect to still feel so strongly about him.

Sadness also creeps in as I come to realize I'll be separated from him again soon. The second Adam gets bored of whatever reason he sent me down here I'll have no reason to see Lucifer again.

The thought of being separated again also saddens me a bit though I know better than to admit it.

I guess it's just the hope that I'm still able to at least spend time with him for now, even if it's short-lived.

Just a few more moments is better than nothing at all, right? I always wished I had a few more moments with him before he fell. I finally got my wish I guess.

I shake off any more thoughts and stand up from the bed. I let out one more deep breath before I summoned a portal back to my office in Heaven.

As soon as I step through the portal I see a high stack of paperwork on my desk and I groan. I notice one specific file is about the angelic council meeting in a few hours and I sit down and start reading over it to make sure I'm informed on everything.

After skimming the file I look at the time and realize that I have a few hours to kill before the meeting and decide to start on some of my paperwork.

I'm grateful most of the paperwork is simple and doesn't take much effort to complete. I might be able to finish all of it before the meeting if I'm lucky.

As I work on the paperwork I find myself looking over at the file of the angelic council meeting every now and then.

There's still a few hours before it begins but I can't help but feel anxious over what is going to happen and how the meeting will go.

Every time my mind drifts off to the meeting or Lucifer I grab more paperwork and begin to distract myself with it.

After a while I hear someone enter my office and close the door quietly. I raise an eyebrow while still doing my paperwork. Adam usually isn't the quiet type, especially when it comes to barging into my office.

"Adam get out. I'm busy." I say as I begin to look up from my desk. The person I was talking to was not Adam however.

I blink a few times trying to process what I'm seeing right now. "How did you... how did you even get in here?" I ask him as he just gives me a lopsided grin.

He smiles slightly at my reaction, noticing the fact he was able to surprise me. "It wasn't that difficult." Lucifer says with a slight smirk as he walks over to me and leans against your desk.

"I found a way to get into Heaven a while ago." He shrugs. "You're telling me you could have visited me years ago and never did?" I ask bewildered.

Lucifer sighs as he rubs the back of his head. "I figured it'd just be best if you forgot about me. You've spent all this time in Heaven without me and I thought it would be best if I just stayed out of your life."

He pauses for a moment. "If you'd prefer me leave then-" I glare daggers at him as he says the last part.

"I promise you I will kill you if you leave right now." Lucifer looks at me in surprise as I threaten to kill him.

"Really? You'd kill me if I left?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. He can't help but smile a little bit as I glare menacingly at him.

I grimace slightly at his smile. "I just threatened you and you're smiling?" I can't help but want to smile at his expression but I keep a straight face to hear what he has to say.