Chapter Three

Charlie is shocked at first by the reaction and then sees Vaggie's spear and starts to take a step back slowly.

"We can talk this out!" She says, trying to reason with Vaggie.

Vaggie, on the other hand, is not as willing to talk as she immediately dashes towards me.

I immediately step to the side to avoid her causing Vaggie to stumble ever so slightly.

This causes her to quickly correct her balance with the help of the spear and immediately lunge forward again.

She swings the spear upwards, aiming for my head. As she does this I watch the angle her spear is at and my eyes glisten as I see an opportunity and take it.

I reach up slightly grabbing the base of the spear pulling it, and her, towards me. As I pull it I use it as leverage to throw Vaggie causing her to let go.

As she's on the ground I press my shoe on her stomach holding the spear near her throat.

"I might not be a fucking exorcist but that doesn't mean I won't harm you if I have to." I say in a low voice as I glare at her.

As the two of us make eye contact Charlie has a look of sheer disbelief on her face as she glances back and forth between us.

"Alright, that's enough!" Charlie exclaims very stressed out while at the same time the lobby doors open once more.

"Charlie! I know I came early but I couldn't wait any longer to-" the smile on his face drops as he sees Vaggie and I frozen in our position.

I grip the spear tighter as my eyes meet his and I realize how screwed I actually am now.

"(Y/N)...?" Lucifer says, a wave of shock sweeping over him, his eyes widening in surprise as he meets my gaze.

"You know each other?" Charlie asks, taking a step back from Vaggie and I.

"Yes, we do." He says in a grim tone.

"Hi Luci." I say as I glance away and step off of Vaggie. I still hold onto her spear however not trusting her.

Vaggie stands up dusting herself off with a huge frown on her face.

"I told you she was a fucking angel." She gestures wildly and I just roll my eyes.

Lucifer lets out a shaky breath as he looks at me, trying to collect his thoughts.

"What are you doing here?" His voice is soft and quiet, filled with a mixture of shock, confusion, and a hint of fear.

"I had one job." I mutter under my breath annoyed.

Everyone is just staring shocked and confused all the all commotion that has just happened and I see an egg boi run into a wall.

"A job." I reply shortly as my fingers tap against the shaft of the spear.

He blinks slowly at me causing him to blink like a frog and I have to stop myself from smiling at that.

Lucifer takes a step closer to me, his red eyes flickering over myself as he takes in my appearance and the spear I'm holding.

"And what job would that be?" He says quietly, trying to keep his voice even and calm as he looks up at me.

I shrug off his question. "It's not important." Vaggie walks closer to Charlie.

"Yes it is. You're here, I want to know why." He says in a firm, slightly threatening tone, his gaze piercing me as he tries to read my feelings and intentions.

Charlie clears her throat, drawing both of our attention to her. I see that Vaggie has a general grip on her waist to comfort her.

"How do you both know each other? I'm just a little confused here." She lets out an awkward chuckle.

"Well...." Lucifer hesitates for a moment, trying to think of how to explain the situation.

"Let's just say (Y/N) and I know each other on a... personal level." He says with a slight pout, looking away from Charlie as he speaks.

As he says this Charlie's face drops with horror. "Why the hell would you say that in front of your fucking daughter?" I say exasperated.

He just gives me another frog blink. "What? Did I say something wrong?" I groan.

"You said absolutely everything wrong, short king." Angel pipes in from his spot on the couch finding the whole situation amusing.

Charlie gasps coming to a realization. "Wait. That means you have to be a seraphim. What are you doing down here?"

"Did you become a fallen angel too?" She adds after taking a moment to process her thoughts.

I shake my head. "No, I'm not a fallen angel." I feel myself shiver at the thought.

Lucifer's eyes light up with curiosity when I say this. "So then you're still an angel?" He asks, taking a small step towards me.

I nudge him with the spear so he doesn't get any closer. "Yes." I grit out as Vaggie is waving her arms widely over the fact she was right.

He takes a step back, raising his hands up in a gesture of surrender.

"Okay. So I'm assuming you're here to keep tabs on us then?" He says in a neutral tone, glancing over at Charlie.

"Who knew this hotel could get such great entertainment." Angel grins happily to see something entertaining.

"Yeah something like that. That plan got kind of screwed up fast though." I say as I toss Vaggie back her spear.

"Don't try to attack me again with that." Vaggie rolls her eyes when she catches the spear.

Lucifer's lips curl into a small smirk at the fact I'm still being as grumpy and stubborn as ever.

"So.... What are you going to do now that your plans have been ruined?" He asks me curiously.

I just stare at him. "Fuck you." I reply, flipping him off.

"OH now this is really becoming a show!" Angel says as my eye twitches. I grab my knife and throw it directly at Angel, only missing him by an inch.

Angel flinches when I throw the knife at him before raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, we're throwing stuff now?" He says, an amused smile playing on his lips as he picks up the knife and throws it back at me. I caught it, making him gulp.

Lucifer lets out a small chuckle at my response. "Still as hot headed as ever, I see." He says, clearly enjoying the fact we're bickering again.

"If you're just here to get information on the hotel you can stay for a while and then report good things back to Heaven! If you tell them how well the hotel is doing, maybe they'll finally listen!" Charlie beams, causing Vaggie to sigh at her optimistic outlook.

Lucifer raises an eyebrow at Charlie's words. "And how long exactly are you letting her stay?" He asks her.

Charlie thinks for a moment before finally saying, "Well... I was thinking maybe she can stay as long as she wants... or until she thinks this hotel is on the right track, whichever comes first."

"When did I agree to this plan?" I ask annoyed. Charlie looks back at me with a big, bright smile on her face. "Just now!"

Lucifer laughs quietly. "This... is going to be interesting." He says in a sarcastic tone.