Chapter Seven

He walks around my desk and to my side. He turns my chair to face him and before I can process what's happening his hand is tilting my chin upwards.

I'm caught off guard by how suddenly he lifted up my chin. I freeze at the contact as I find my eyes gazing into his. I can feel my heartbeat accelerating and my breaths growing shorter as I stare back at him in silence.

Lucifer notices the way my heartbeat starts to increase and my breath seems to grow shorter. He doesn't remove his fingers from my chin, but instead keeps them there, gently cupping my chin as he stares back at me for a few more seconds in silence as well.

I feel like my heart is pounding so hard right now, that it's about to burst through my chest. As we stare at each other, I know deep down he's going to do it.

And... I want him to... I want him to kiss me even though I know it's not smart to do. We won't be able to go back to how we were before this.

Lucifer leans forward, slightly pulling my chin further up until his face is mere inches away from mine. He still doesn't break his gaze from mine and only now do I notice how close we are.

And with a final moment of hesitation he closes the distance between us, finally putting his lips to mine.

Lucifer's lips touch mine, and I'm lost almost instantly. I forget where I am or what's happening around me, I simply melt into the moment, our lips locked together as it feels like time itself stopped in this moment.

His lips press even harder against mine as I pull him in closer to me, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Lucifer breaks the kiss, taking a few deep breaths as he pulls away. As I look at him, realizing our lips had finally parted, I find myself speechless as my heart continues racing.

My mouth still tingles from the kiss and all I can think about is how he pulled away way too soon.

I'm still trying to catch my breath and can't help but think to myself how his lips tingled against mine. I finally tried to find the words to speak, but before I managed to say something he spoke first.

"We should..." Lucifer says but his voice slightly falters as he tries to complete his sentence. "Please kiss me again." I whisper out.

He gives me a huge grin. "Hey look at you finally using your words." He teases. I roll my eyes at his teasing but a smile still forms on my lips as I reach out towards him once again.

"Now who's being stubborn?" I tease him back as I pull him in again, pressing my lips back against his once again.

He returns the tight embrace and pulls me up from my chair as he deepens the kiss.

This time there's no hesitation in the kiss. It starts slow and sweet, but quickly builds into a more passionate embrace.

My hands are gripping him tightly around his neck and his arms wrap around my waist. "I missed this." Lucifer murmurs between kisses.

His words send butterflies through my stomach, my arms tightening around his neck as I melt into his embrace once again.

"I missed this more than you could ever know..." I say in a soft tone between kisses.

"I can tell." Lucifer says playfully, making me crack a smile.

I run my fingers through his hair, wishing I could spend eternity locked like this, lost in this moment with no worries or fears, just him and me.

He wraps his arms around me and we hold each other in a tight embrace. There's a quiet moment between the two of us, no words spoken just us clinging onto each other. I wish this could go on forever.

I let out a content hum before I pull back and my eyes dart around the room to look for my clock.

I can tell he notices my eyes darting around the room looking for the clock as his embrace relaxes slightly.

I then realize how much time has passed and my eyes widen. "Oh God, I need to go. I'm going to be so late." I mumble as I pull away from him and start collecting my stuff hastily.

A slight grimace crosses his face as my words break the peaceful moment that we were just in. "Do you have to go now?" He asks as his hands grab mine to stop you from gathering my things before you leave.

I cup his face in my hands. "I wish I could stay longer too but I can't be late for this meeting love." I then give him a small peck on his lips and continue to grab my things.

"Yeah I figured as much," He replies before thinking of something else to say. "Just one quick thing before you go."

Hd then leans forward and gives me another kiss, longer and sweeter than last, but he break it off before it gets to intense between the two of us.

That brief moment of kissing feels like a lifetime, and I'm once again left breathless. I smile slightly as we continue to look at each other, neither of us wanting to leave this room.

"Now I'll let you go. Good luck at this meeting. Just promise you'll come back to me when you're done, got it?"

I let out a small laugh and this makes his face light up. "I promise I'll do everything I can to see you again after this meeting."

"That's all I can ask for." Lucifer says softly, his voice dripping with love. He takes a step back giving me more room to walk towards the door and right before I leave the room I turn around.

"I'm glad you came here today." Before he can respond I leave my office and quickly hurry to the meeting room praying I won't be too late.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

I get to the room where the meeting is being held and quickly fly up to my seat which is next to Adam and Lute.

Adam and Lute both turn to see me rushing in looking slightly out of breath. Adam then gives me a small grin. "Cut it a little close, did we?' He asks with a smile.

Lute looks over at me while trying to hide a small smile, also noticing how out of breath I seem at the moment.

"Yeah yeah I had to finish up what I was doing down there before I came here. Like you told me to do." I huff towards Adam.

"I know I know," Adam replies with a smug smirk. Afterwards, Lute leans in and nudges my shoulder.

"You're looking a little flush, everything okay?" Lute says quietly to you so Adam wouldn't catch on.

I glance at her. "Mhm." Is the only thing I can mutter out as I begin to think of what just happened between Lucifer and I in my office.

Lute looks back at me as she notices that I'm clearly zoning out and is deep in thought. She leans a little closer to me trying to see if she can make out what's going on in my mind.

Adam notices this back and forth between you two, but thinks nothing of it. Thankfully for me Charlie and Vaggie enter the room not long after saving me from any more questions Lute or Adam might have.

Charlie gives me a small smile as she notices me but her face drops and she notices Adam and Lute next to me. "Oh no, not him again!" I hear her groan as Vaggie looks uncomfortable to be here.

"What up, baby? Saw that you went to my manager. Low blow, Karen." Adam barks back and Lute backs him up with a glare. I sigh as I hit both of them in the back of the head. "Stop antagonizing them. That's not why we're here." I whisper to them both.