Chapter Eight

Sera glares at the three of us before starting the meeting. "We are gathered here today to determine whether or not a soul in Hell can be redeemed into the heavenly realm via means of this "Hazbin Hotel". Princess Morningstar?"

I quickly readjust my outfit once more and let out a small sigh. Charlie also sighs before reading off of some note cards she's prepared. "Thank you, Seraphim. Webster's dictionary defines redemption as—"

"Objection, lame and unoriginal." Adam cuts her off with a smug grin on his face. Lute laughs quietly next to me as Charlie becomes even more nervous.

"Sustained. No further dictionary references please." Sera says gently to Charlie making Adam and Lute even happier.

She nods and begins to shuffle through multiple cards. "Right, ok, uh, uh... uhhmmmm..."

As she's doing this Adam leans in closer to me. "How did you manage to deal with her? I'm surprised you lasted so long down there."

I keep my eyes on Charlie, wincing internally in embarrassment as she struggles to come up with anything to say.

Lute also leans back as she joins in on the conversation. "Yeah I'm struggling to understand how you lasted as long as you did. All she's talking about is her pointless dream of redeeming sinners. She's delusional."

"It wasn't easy." I mumble quietly. "But there were certain things that made it easier." I add. My thoughts drift back to Lucifer and I quickly shake my head to get rid of the thoughts.

Lute sees the way my body language changes as she catches me shaking my head. She also notices how my cheeks slowly start to turn red again.

"Yeah this whole thing is a waste of time." Adam says loudly, trying to catch Charlie's attention as he does. She gives him a cold look, not amused with his little tantrum.

"If you have actual evidence, then show it already." He adds with a huff. I elbow him in the side which causes him to send me a glare.

Charlie's eyes lighten up at the idea of showing actual evidence. "We have a patron right now who is making incredible progress!"

Lute lets out a laugh and Adam looks at her unconvinced. "Who?" I ask, trying to help move the conversation forward.

"Angel Dust." Charlie says proudly. "Oh yeah, the porn demon. He's totally worth being redeemed." Adam says sarcastically.

Vaggie places a reassuring hand on Charlie's back which makes me smile. "Well, if you know so much, what do you think it takes to get into Heaven?" Charlie counters, making Adam freeze for a moment.

"Uhmm... w-w-well... Uhh..." Sera and I eye Adam as she speaks up. "Is everything ok, Adam?"

"Give me a fucking minute, ok?" I stare at him dumbfounded for cursing at Sera. He ignores my look and begins to scrawl something down on a golden piece of paper, before teleporting it over to Vaggie.

Vaggie grabs it and begins to read it out loud. "Act selfless, don't steal, stick it to the man." She pauses to take in what we just read. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure got me here, didn't it?" He laughs nervously. "Right, Sera? Right (Y/N)?" Me nudges me playfully.

I sigh again. "He was the first human soul in Heaven..." I admit. Charlie doesn't let the list get to her. "Well, I bet Angel is doing all of those things right now!"

Adam is getting fed up with this meeting and it's clear he's not trying to contain his attitude. "Then let's fucking see it bruh!"

He snaps his fingers and a spying orb appears in the middle of the courtroom. "Your honor, may I present: exhibit A." Charlie says while focusing her direction to the orb.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

For the rest of the meeting we watched as Angel, Husk, Niffty, Sir Pentious, and a girl named Cherry Bomb were partying at some sort of club.

When the orb shows the footage of Angel being drunk and high at a club, Adam's face twists into a smug grin.

Lute tries to hold back a laugh as she crosses her arms. "Oh wow, he looks like he's doing great at redeeming himself." Adam says sarcastically.

I focus on Cherry Bomb. I've never seen her before. She must have shown up after I left the hotel.

From the little information I am getting I can tell she's not the best influence on Angel. I begin to feel bad for him as he begins to rant about how Valentino has been treating him.

I glance over at Charlie to see how she is reacting so far and I can see worry filling her eyes as she watches the monitor. She's probably also feeling bad for Angel too as she watches the events unfold.

"Heavenly people, what more do you need to see? The porn star chose a night of debauchery. That's not a soul worthy of being in Heaven!" Adam says getting everyone's attention.

"Uhm, objection! Are you really telling me you've never had a drink with friends at the end of a hard day?" Charlie counters and Adam rolls his eyes.

"Uh, we don't have hard days? It's fucking Heaven, bitch. You seriously gonna sit there and pretend like this behavior is ok?" Adam retorts and I can hear some of the council whispering to one another.

Charlie growls and Vaggie tries to calm her down. Seeing this Adam directs his next comment to Vaggie. "What do you think?"

Vaggie immediately gets uncomfortable which confuses me. She almost never behaves like that. "I-I- I have to go the bathroom!" She rushes out of the courtroom and Charlie looks confused as well.

"What? Vaggie, can you hold it?!" She then lets out a frustrated groan. "Angel will make good decisions, come on! We have to keep watching! Please?"

I glance up towards Sera and see her thinking. "Yeah, I don't know." She shakes her head slightly which makes Emily speak up. "Yeah, let's give him a chance."

Sera looks at her and her face softens. "Very well, the court will allow it." Sera has always had such a soft spot for Emily. She honestly reminds me a lot of Charlie and Lucifer which is slightly worrying.

"Fuck yes! I mean... heh... thank you." Charlie says a bit over excitedly. Lute raises an eyebrow at Sera allowing it and then gives me a look that says "are you seeing this too?".

Adam let out an irritated groan, he really wanted to end it right there. "Yeah whatever, let's see what else the porn demon is up to."

We all focus back on the spying orb and see Angel and Cherry Bomb taking more shots. Niffty also tries to reach for one on the table but Angel stops her as she comments how the room is spinning.

─── ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ ───

At one point Angel changes his behavior, especially after he realizes Cherry Bomb doesn't care about how wasted Niffty was.

He even stands up to Valentino to protect Niffty and some of the council made impressed expressions at his behavior.

After coming to his senses he really made it a point to protect Niffty and stop indulging in the party. It affected his relationship with Cherry Bomb for the time being but it looks like he could care less at the moment.

"See! He did everything on your checklist! He was selfless, he stopped Niffty from stealing and he stuck it to that moth man!" Charlie cheered proud of Angel.