Chapter Four

We are all sitting on the couches and I made sure to sit as far away from Lucifer as I could.

Charlie just continues to stare at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Sooo," she starts off. "Do you think you can make the extermination countdown go from six months to one year?"

She then sighs. "Adam was not happy with my idea and moved it up by six months."

"I know he put that paperwork on my desk after your meeting." I sigh this time feeling slightly bad. "I don't think I can. Maybe the angelic council can."

At my suggestion Lucifer laughs. "The angelic council won't agree to that." He says, shaking his head. "Not at all. You know them as well as I do."

I glare at him. "It was a fucking suggestion."

Charlie crosses her arms, a disappointed look on her face. "So... No way at all to extend the deadline?" She asks with a pout.

"Probably not. The angelic council would hear you out a bit more than Adam ever would though." I say trying to cheer her up a bit.

Charlie gives a small smile at this. "Well, It's worth a shot, I guess." she replies, her mood instantly improving as her lips curl up into a small grin.

Lucifer glances over in her direction, his eyes softening a bit at her smile.

"How are we getting that meeting?" Vaggie asks out loud.

Charlie looks over at Vaggie, a thoughtful look on her face for a moment before looking back at me.

"Would you be able to get us a meeting (Y/N)?" I shake my head. "Remember why I'm here in the first place? There's no way I'd be able to schedule that meeting behind Adam's back."

Lucifer lets out a small sigh, clearly not eager to even think of having another meeting with the angelic council.

"I'll deal with that, don't worry." He says as he gets up from his seat and paces a little bit, his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

Charlie smiles brightly. "Oh thank you!" She then looks at me again. "As long as you aren't the one to request a meeting you could help my dad right?"

I grumble quietly. "I suppose." Lucifer stops in his tracks, turning to look at me, a small smile on his face as he walks back towards the couch.

"Wonderful!" Charlie says happily as Lucifer speaks up.

"So... Are you staying then?" He asks, his eyes wandering over my form for a moment.

His stare catches me off guard and I stay silent for a moment. "Yeah I guess so."

Lucifer's gaze stays on her for a moment longer before he lets out a shaky breath.

"Okay then, we should probably work on getting that meeting with the angelic council then." He says as he begins to walk closer towards me.

I glance at Charlie as she nods her head excitedly. "I showed (Y/N) to her room earlier, you both could work on it in there?" She says with an innocent smile.

I sigh standing up. "Yup. Alright. Let's just get this over with." I start to walk towards the stairs not looking back to see if Lucifer is following me.

I hear his footsteps behind me as I walk up the stairs. He continues to follow me until we get to my room.

When we get there, he stands next to the door while I begin to open the door.

I enter quickly and take a seat on the bed as he speaks up. "Could I... ask you something?"

I look up at him and my face softens slightly. "What is it?" A small smile spreads across his face as he clears his throat.