5

I awoke with a snap of sudden alertness, feeling hyperaware of contact on my body. Soft feathers seemed to cocoon me, and I froze, scared that it was Adam about to take me this morning. I waited, feeling ill, for a hand to slide up my body and squeeze my breasts impossibly hard. Like a dream, yesterday's events floated into my memory. Immediately, my heartbeat sped up thinking about Lucifer. His smile, his hair, his scent, his voice, his hands, it was all a rush that sent a shiver through me. Of course, he had wrapped his wings around me, keeping us warm all night. I ran my hand down the downy appendage, fascinated by how warm and alive they were. He had six of them, but the biggest ones were gracefully draped across me as he held me from behind. I was grateful that he was one I awoke to and pushed my body into his. I felt him stir slightly and heard a quiet mumbling noise.

"Lucifer?" I whispered, turning around to face him. He was a beautiful sight even asleep. A lithe body, decorated with my bites and scratches, soft blond hair fluffed up and messy, wayward hairs flying in a makeshift halo around his serene face. Wrapped in his wings, his scent floated around us both, that warm apple-cinnamon, somehow even more comforting than before. I snuggled closer, pulling him to my body. His grin peeked out, and one golden eye opened, the pink spots on his cheeks making him deliciously attractive. He lifted the hand that had been gently resting on my waist and cupped my cheek, stroking it softly with his thumb. A sweet look crossed his face, adoring and fond.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He whispered back. "What a sight to wake up to. I'd pay you millions to wake up next to me every day." I giggled, running my hand up and down his side, watching him shiver at the friction of our skin.

"You can have me here every day for the rest of your life for free." I confirmed. "Is it okay if I touch you like this?" He closed his eyes and wriggled closer to me, resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Is it okay? Darling, don't stop." I laughed and continued to caress him gently, enjoying the quiet moment between us. Having his presence near me filled me with silent calmness. I admired him lovingly, stroking his back, feeling where his wings were etched into the skin. He made a happy noise in his throat when I touched where they connected.

"Does that feel good?" I asked, pecking him on the forehead. He arched his back and stretched slightly, shifting closer to me and burying his face into my breasts.

"It does. Can I...?" He questioned, eyes darting up at me from between the cleft of my breasts, eyes flashing. I nodded laughing, and scratched where his wings met his back, making him groan in delight and he buried his face further into me. A wave of affection crashed over me, watching him enjoy me so carefully and respectfully. He wasn't even doing anything sexual, just cuddling me happily, while I held him to me. I moved my hand from his back to his hair, stroking the soft strands with infinite gentleness. He was the person I had been longing for, I knew it. This hilarious, handsome, funny little man, who's kindness and ideas had rekindled my stagnant life. I didn't feel stuck in some beautiful trap laid by a vengeful husband. I could just enjoy this moment of peace and quiet with someone I loved dearly and completely. I felt more tears rush to my face, as overwhelming gratefulness for him washed over me. In a rush, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him violently, burying my face into his hair, to try and stem the rush of affection that brought more tears to my eyes.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I wept, "I love you, Lucifer." He startled, hearing the quiver in my voice and shot up, cupping my face in his hands urgently.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked urgently, touching his forehead to mine and wiping the streams away with his thumb.

"Nothing, honestly," I admitted, swallowing the lump in my throat, "I'm just. I'm so happy I found you. I'm so lucky you're here with me. I've never felt so seen, so understood by anyone." I scrubbed my face with the palms of my hand and kissed him deeply. Instantly, he melted into my embrace.