Damaged

The jungle was quiet as Keira paused attempting to catch her breath. She plopped down to the dirt and pulled out her radio.

"Hello!?" she called into it.

"Can anybody hear me?"

She waited but no one responded. She looked to her cellphone but she had no service.She rubbed her face when she heard movement behind her. She turned her head quickly to see Blue. She sighed in relief.

"I never thought I would be so happy to see a raptor." she said with a chuckle.

Blue chirped before nudging her back roughly with her head. Keira arose.

"Alright, break time is over."  she placed her hands on her hips, thinking of her next plan. Blue stalked around listening for any noise near her.

"We need to get to the main building." Keira said to herself finally.

Blue just looked over at her.

Keira let out a screech causing Blue to jump back and snap at her. Keira grinned.

"Well, you don't speak English! I was just trying!"

Blue bared her teeth at her. Keira rolled her eyes before looking Blue directly in the eye.

"Come on Blue, it's time to whoop some InGen ass...again."

Theo entered the building behind his father. His father looked around the corner before resting his back on the wall.

"It's clear but I'm sure there's guards everywhere in here."

"What do we do?"

"We have to find President Segura." Owen told him. "If he hurt your mother.." Owen couldn't even finish the thought.

Theo felt his chest fill with more guilt to see his father so distraught. "She's okay Dad, you know Mom, nothing can ever stop her."

"Freeze!" a guard appeared suddenly.

The two Grady men were caught.

"President Segura," One of the guards approached him saluting him.

"Has she been dealt with?" Segura asked him.

The guard looked down with worry. "Our men were taken down." he said.

"What?"

"They were taken out by some dinosaurs. We only found remains of them. No sign of her." he said.

Segura arose with a red face. "You men are useless. She is one woman! Deal with her now!"

"But sir, the dinosaurs-"

"You have guns, you idiots, why don't you use them?"

"Y-yes sir."

The guard nodded fearfully before running out of the room.

"I'm surrounded by incompetent morons."

He stood in the room. She wouldn't last much longer out there.

Owen and Theo were shoved into the control room where the others were. They were greeted by everyone.

"Oh thank goodness you guys are alright!" Doug said. "We were wondering when you guys were gonna show up. I was expecting it to be a bit more of a badass entrance though."

"It's good to see  you too Doug." Owen huffed.

"Keira's not with you?!" Zach asked them with concern.

"No," Owen shook his head, "she's not here either." He said before letting out a string of curses.

"Then it's true." Lowery said with a solemn look.

Owen turned to Lowery. "What's true?"

Lowery didn't answer.

"What's true?!" he asked again this time louder.

"Owen..." Claire said softly.

He saw all the saddened expressions.

"No..." he said shaking. "No, don't...just don't..."

"I'm sorry Owen." Doug said with a mournful look. "You too little man." he rested his hand on Theo's shoulder.

Theo looked to the people bewildered. "What are you guys talking about?!"

"President Segura had her hunted down." Claire said with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"No!" Owen said knocking down a computer screen in anger. "Don't say that!"

Theo felt hot tears fall. "M-m-mom..."

Keira and Blue were near the main roads when they saw a fleet of vehicles, as they came closer, she heard them stop.

"Balls." Keira said under her breath. The men piled out equipped with thermal vision technology. They couldn't hide anymore. Blue crouched to the ground with a growl.

"I see her!" a man called.

"Run!" she called to Blue but Blue remained still.

"Blue!" she said. "We can't take all of them!"

Blue snapped at her causing her to stumble back before turning her attention on the approaching men.

"Blue please!" she begged. "I can't let you get hurt."

Blue screeched before taking off. A round of shots sounded. Keira shook her head before she took off after Blue. She dodged a few men as Blue ripped her way through several of them. Keira rolled onto the ground to avoid being struck and kicked one in his knee cap as she heard a snap and he went down. She grabbed his gun. 

"Thank you!"

Theo was in his father's hold, he could feel his dad attempting to hold in his sobs but was failing miserably. 

The door opened and Theo looked over to see President Segura.

"Ah Theo."Segura greeted him.

Owen jumped up dropping Theo.

"You motherfuc-" Doug and Zach held him back.

"Always nice to see you Mr. Grady!" Segura smiled.

Owen spewed all sort of colourful language but Segura ignored him as he approached Theo.

"You said no one would get hurt!" Theo said to him.

"I said they wouldn't if there was cooperation. But there is no cooperation on this island. They don't listen, just like you said Theo."

All eyes were on Theo.

"We're getting things ready before we go." Segura told him. "Would you like to accompany? This is after all your dream Theo. We're starting a new world."

Theo looked to him before looking to his father and his island family. He turned to President Segura.

"Sure." he said nodding his head.

"Theo!" Owen yelled at him. Theo turned to him.

"Sorry Dad, this is my calling."

Blue was unstoppable it seemed as she took down the guards left and right with swift blowing strikes killing the men almost instantly. The numbers were drastically dwindling.

Suddenly, there was a gun shot and a loud cry. Keira felt her heart stop.

"Blue?!" She ran to see a guard holding a gun and Blue on the ground.

"No!" she jammed the gun into the man's neck. She ran to Blue's side who was attempting to get up.

"Oh no."