Goodbye Isla Nublar

"The Costa Rican Vice President Luis Cardona wanted me to thank you." General Driggers told the couple as they stood with him on the sandy shore where the troops were preparing to leave. "They wanted no part in Segura's plans and he said they are in your debt if you should ever need anything."

"All we want is for everyone to just leave the island and the dinosaurs as is." Owen said.

"I understand." Driggers smiled. "The United States are offering to send in some service men to install a completely new security system for you."

"Really?"

Driggers nodded.

"Sounds good to me." Keira said. 

"Good, they'll be in contact with you all shortly."

"Thank you for all your help."

"You're welcome, but you should be thanking your parents." he told Keira.

"Oh trust me, I'm going to call them here in a minute. I just wanted to breathe for a little."

They bid the general goodbye as his men and the captured Segura's men left the island.

Keira and Owen sat down in the sand. He looked over at Keira who blew some hair out of her face.

"We did it again." he said.

She fell back into the sand. "This island certainly keeps us on our toes doesn't it?"

"And our son." Owen chuckled. 

They saw Theo walk over twiddling his thumbs nervously before he stopped in front of them.

"You alright buddy?" Owen asked him.

"Yeah I guess. I am really sorry." Theo said.

Owen patted the ground motioning him to sit.

"We understand why you did it Theo. You wanted to put your mark on the world." Owen said.

Theo nodded.

"It's okay."

"I just wanted to do something great like you and Mom." he told them.

"Sweetie, the greatest thing we did in life, didn't involve dinosaurs." Keira said sitting up.

Theo looked at her confused. 

"Then what was it?"

"We had you. That was our greatest accomplishment. You are our legacy. "

Theo smiled before Keira grabbed him pulling him into a hug. "I just wish you could have known that earlier."

"Thanks." he said. "I would have never thought of it."

"It's because you're set in your stubborn ways." Owen said. "You get that from your mother."

Keira whacked Owen's arm.

Theo snickered at his parents' behaviour before he sighed.

"Can I talk to you guys about something?"

"Anything."

"I was thinking earlier, you know about my calling in life..."

"Yeah?" Owen said.

"And, I don't think my calling is on this island." he said. "Not right now at least."

His parent's faces dropped.

"You want to leave the island?" Keira asked him.

He nodded. "I do. I want to experience the world outside of here."

Keira nodded her head. "Okay," she began. "We can do that, we'll go back to the states and-"

"No Mom." he stopped her. "Not we, just me."

"What?!" Owen said going into his protective mode. "You're not going to the states by yourself."

"You're right, I'm not. I called Grandpa Alan and Grandma Ellie while you were speaking with General Driggers. We spoke about it and they said I could live with them."

Keira had to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Are you sure this is something that you want?"

Theo nodded. "This island needs you guys, it always will and I'll always need you guys too. I'll come back and visit, and you guys can always come to Montana..."

"You're going to be so far away." Keira cried finally letting her emotions get the best of her. 

"I'll be okay Mom. And so will you."

Keira laid in bed that night with Owen lying across from her as they watched in other in silence.

"I guess it's only right we let him go." Owen said.

She nodded swallowing the lump in her throat. "We got to experience some of the world before we came here. We kind of just expected him to just go with the flow."

"He'll be okay." Owen kissed her forehead. 

"I know."

"The Dinosaur Man and Plant Lady will take good care of him."

She smiled. "I guess I just figured that since I never wanted to leave the island, who would?"

"Well, you also forget that you're crazy." Owen chuckled.

"Crazy for you."

Owen blushed.

"Haha, look at those cheeks turn red!"

The parents hugged Theo tightly as the helicopter started up to leave beside them on the pad.

"You better call me." Keira said. "Don't be like me and forget."

"I won't Mom."

"Don't give your grandparents a hard time." Owen told him.

"I'll try not to." he smirked.

"I love you so much Theo." Keira said holding him one last time.

"I love you too Mom."

"Hey, don't leave me hanging!" Owen said. Theo hugged his father.

" I love you Dad."

"I love you too son."

Theo boarded the helicopter and waved to his parents as they waved back with brave smiles. Athena barked at the helicopter running in circles.

Theo waved at her before looking to Rex in his cat carrier.

"Ready for a new adventure?"

Rex meowed. Theo looked over as they flew over the island. The dinosaurs were romping in the plains. He could see Eve lifted her head up and watch as he passed by.

He sat back in his seat and smiled to himself. He was starting a whole new journey.